Let the games begin. Kicking off this Saturday call yr shots now. I'll take the Cavs, Magic, Hawks and Heat in the East, with the Celtics/Heat series being the tightest. In the West I'll go with the Lakers, Mavs, TrailBlazers and the Nuggets. The Lakers will have a hell of a 1st round series with a young and stacked OKLA City team, the Mavs and Spurs will go 7, the Trailblazers youth will overcome the more experienced but slowing Suns and i think the Nuggets will sweep the Jazz.

EAST SERIES

(8) Bulls vs. (1) Cavaliers

(7) Bobcats vs. (2) Magic

(6) Bucks vs. (3) Hawks

(5) Heat vs. (4) Celtics

WEST SERIES

(8) Thunder vs. (1) Lakers

(7) Spurs vs. (2) Mavericks

(6) Trail Blazers vs. (3) Suns

(5) Jazz vs. (4) Nuggets

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of obvious but I do think the top seeds in this case are all going to win. I just hope the Thunder gives the Lakers all they got and wears them out. I think the Cavs, Lakers and Suns are the locks, the others could swing either way.

EAST SERIES

(8) Bulls vs. (1) Cavaliers

(7) Bobcats vs. (2) Magic

(6) Bucks vs. (3) Hawks

(5) Heat vs. (4) Celtics

WEST SERIES

(8) Thunder vs. (1) Lakers

(7) Spurs vs. (2) Mavericks

(6) Trail Blazers vs. (3) Suns

(5) Jazz vs. (4) Nuggets

GO BLAZERS

Brandon Roy is having knee surgery tomorrow, so he's out for the playoffs. I am feeling confident that we do have a chance vs the Suns. I got tix for game 4. So excited!

Suns seem to have caught fire, I'm so glad the Nuggets are not facing them in the first round. Good luck to you though, would be great to see an upset. And enjoy the game!

I lived in Richmond, VA for the years when Eric Maynor, reserve pg for the Thunder played for VCU. I finally saw him for the first time when the Thunder were on tv the other night and damn he looked good. His stat line was something around 15 points, 8 assists and 6 boards. Lots of good young pieces in OKCity and I was glad to see Maynor get some significant minutes. I don't think they're gonna back down from the Lakers at all. When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

KG and I quote " I just saw Q standing over the top of him (a downed Pierce) and I told him to give him some room and the next thing you know mayhem broke out." I love how he leaves out the part about his wildly flowing elbow that started the whole affair. That being said though I love KG, he is about as passionate and fired up as any player ever. Sure it can be a bit over the top at times, but you gotta love his energy. As I said earlier this is going to be a tight series and I still expect that.

I think KG has taken it to a different level. Intensity and passion are fine, but he comes across as just a gigantic turd more often than not.

That's one of the more embarrassing sequences in recent NBA history. Not shown in that clip was KG getting down on all fours and barking at Calderon, which also happened.

Garnett suspended game, Richardson fined $25K for altercation

NEW YORK -- Kevin Garnett has been suspended by the NBA for the Boston Celtics' second playoff game against the Miami Heat. The one-game suspension was imposed Sunday for hitting Quentin Richardson of the Miami Heat in the head with an elbow with 40 seconds left in Boston's 85-76 win in Game 1 on Saturday night. The league also fined Richardson $25,000. The altercation occurred near Miami's bench while Boston's Paul Pierce lay on the floor with an apparent right shoulder injury. Garnett said he wanted to make room for Pierce as Heat players stood nearby. During the confrontation, Garnett and Richardson exchanged words.

I think KG has taken it to a different level. Intensity and passion are fine, but he comes across as just a gigantic turd more often than not.

Agree. If a player like KG has a hx of repeatedly being an ass on the court in the past, then he's probably an ass.

In other news, how about Andre Miller tonite. Go Blazers!

Agree. If a player like KG has a hx of repeatedly being an ass on the court in the past, then he's probably an ass.

In other news, how about Andre Miller tonite. Go Blazers!

Thought they were going to give it away at the end but it was a great win. Andre Miller has always been solid. When did Nash become so whiny? Everytime he misses a shot (like that terrible 3 pointer at the end) he's whining for a foul. Nobody was even near him in that case.

I lived in Richmond, VA for the years when Eric Maynor, reserve pg for the Thunder played for VCU. I finally saw him for the first time when the Thunder were on tv the other night and damn he looked good. His stat line was something around 15 points, 8 assists and 6 boards. Lots of good young pieces in OKCity and I was glad to see Maynor get some significant minutes. I don't think they're gonna back down from the Lakers at all. When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

we really like Maynor here. he's a solid backup and very steady for a rookie. i have faith in him running the show when he's in there... we'd gone through many other backup pg's (Earl Watson, Chucky Atkins, Shaun Livingston) before we got him in the Utah trade and can definitely see him in a Thunder uni for a while... his little floater in the lane is sweet...

This first round is certainly shaping up to be interesting. I'm surprised by Boston's 3-0 lead, but not convinced that Miami still can't win a couple of games. As I said in the first post in this thread, the Thunder are young and athletic and fearless and it's showing big time right about now. I don't think they can win in LA, but it could very well go 7. Same for Chicago, they could knot up their series with the Cavs as well. Still optimistic that Portland will win and hoping that the Mavs lose.