Well I'm sure a lot of fans of the game are bummed by this heavyweight matchup, but I'm not one of them. Boston is peaking and clicking at the right time and the Lakers have been the best overall team all season. And unlike many other people who are scared to say it out loud or partial, let's start acknowledging that Kobe is every bit if not a better closer than Jordan. He hit 4 or 5 of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen last night. Fading away 20' footers with two guys on him, leaning, tilting, end of shot clock bombs, the guy literally rises to a level that no one else can. If he wins this title, which I believe they will, it will be his 5th at age 31. Jordan was 34 when he won his 5th. Kobe may have several more in him. The Lakers organization ain't going to let them fall into another tailspin like they did in the mid 2000's. They'll continue to fill in pieces around him as long as there is a viable shot for them to win titles, and with Kobe's conditioning, that could be 5 or 6 more years. Looking forward to a high-spirited, physical, old-school 7 game series with Kobe blowing up in game 7. Thursday can't come soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent game, though i was worried that after 3, the score was tied despite Ray Allen and Rondo's ridiculous efforts.

I thought the same thing. It looks like it is going to take superhuman efforts for Boston to win going forward. Not sure you can count on Allen Raining 3's like that. I think Rondo has some more games in him like that one though.

Bottom line, they won in LA against a motivated LA team which is impressive.

Isn't it nice when the finals of any professional sport actually has some suspense involved?

It's much more alarming for Boston that Garnett is a non-factor than it is for LA that Odom is a non-factor. I look for the Lakers to win 2 of 3 in Boston.

Bynum's continued injuries allowed most of what happened last night to happen. If he's still hobbling on Sunday either Lamar or Artest are going to have to step up their offensive games. Kobe was very efficient from the field, as was Gasol, but the Lakers need a consistent third. Even if they loose Sunday I still think Kobe will carry them in back to back wins at home. Can anyone honestly envision a Boston win in a game 7? I guess it goes without saying that game 5 is crucial.

Wow! Wow to Kobe in the 3rd quarter. Wow to how truly awful Artest has been. Wow to the Celtics shooting percentage. Wow to Jesus being 0-18 from the 3pt line since his record-breaking game. What a strange series this has been. I'm a little shocked that Boston is up, but I still see a 7 game series with a slighter than ever edge still to the Lakers.

Mark Jackson is so eerily obsessed with Kobe that during a replay of a foul call during a Laker possession he said "and Kobe Bryant..." and just left it hanging there. Kobe was not involved in the play.

Mark Jackson is so eerily obsessed with Kobe that during a replay of a foul call during a Laker possession he said "and Kobe Bryant..." and just left it hanging there. Kobe was not involved in the play.

No kidding, the level of Kobe asskissery by several announcers is painful.

I love when Kobe makes a bad play (Rondo jumping over him to tip a ball in, Pierce ripping the ball right out of his hands) and he immediately looks around for someone to blame.

Boston! Boston! Boston!

This morning NPR played a pregame street interview with a Celtics fan who, while being a typically super-obnoxious Boston fan, called his shit tight, saying the game would be 12 guys against one, and that defensive rebounds were key for the Green. And that "the Lakers' purple and yellow make me wanna puke, they're like vomit."

Odom's starting to make excuses about some sort of flu, Bynum's almost totally shut down and Gasol and Artest don't finish strong enough under the rim, yet i still ike the Lakers to win. I must be crazy!

If the alternating pattern of winning then losing holds up, Boston should be fine.

The Lakers always seem to get at least one gimme game because the other team doesn't show up. I hate the Lakers but they at least seem to bring it every night, especially when it matters. I'm trying to have faith Boston can win a game 7 in L.A.. Lakers have pretty much been Boston's beeyatch throughout history.

Kendrick Perkins out for Game 7.

Bynum's pretty much been out the whole series, so that's a wash. Perkins is a tough, physical player and without him the Lakers ran roughshed in the paint. That dunk Farmar had on Garnett was the sickest thing I've seen in awhile. I look for it to be tighhter, but still I anticipate an 8-10 point laker victory. Kobe picks up his 2nd straight Finals MVP and 5th ring.

Well, that was some of the toughest and ugliest basketball I've seen this side of the old Pistons of the late 80's for three plus quarters. But, the last six or so minutes of the game was nearly a thing of beauty. Almost every player on the court for both teams made big play after big play, and then those last two minutes were epic, back and forth with the threes and big time baskets:Rondo, Artest, Ray Allen, Fisher, just wow! Lots of speculation that both Phil and Doc are gonna call it quits at their respective teams, we'll see. Artest of all was the difference maker, quite a dramatic redemption for him.