LarryJohnson.jpg

Should LBJ become a Knick, I hope he revitalizes the "L" gesture.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there is going to be a one-hour TV special for LeBron to make his announcement. What is going to happen in the first 59 minutes?

LeBron James should begin his "Special" by getting into his Bentley and just start laughing to himself all the way to the bank. When he gets there he should count his Benjamins directly in front of the camera up until 9:59p.m. In the last minute LeBron should announce who he has signed with only to be cut off at the last second and you have to pay $19.99 to hear the team name.

It would seem like an hour-long fuck you to hold the special in kinda-close-to-NYC Greenwich, Conn., and then announce he's staying in Cleveland.

"Look Out Cleveland a storm is coming thorough and it's runnin' right up on you."

He really drives me as crazy as any athlete ever, but i love to watch him play and would love, love, love to have him as a Knick. As has been mentioned it would be somewhat of a copout if he only started winning titles by joining two other all stars, in NY, Cleveland or really even chicago he would be the man, not so sure Wade wouldn't be in Miami, seeing that he's already got one ring.

Oh yeah check out my flickr link below for some Lebron related images from my trip to Cleveland this past weekend, quite the scene.

If he goes to Miami, that's another decade of irrelevance for the Knicks.

Shit, I guess this means I have to root for the Lakers now. Barf.

Also, winning is fun, and the New York Knicks do not win, and probably wouldn't win even if they got him because A'mare is massively overrated as a big man and they don't have a ton around him.

Granted, if he really wanted to win, Chicago's as good a bet as Miami if he goes there. But then there's the whole "More money in miami because of taxes" and all of the other off the court stuff Miami has to entice.

I will be announcing my dinner plans for tonight in an hourlong special on the Food Network at 9p.m. Please tune in and bask in the glow of my fabulousness. Early reports are suggesting that I may eat at Texas Roadhouse. Nay. Just wait and see.

Also, winning is fun, and the New York Knicks do not win, and probably wouldn't win even if they got him because A'mare is massively overrated as a big man and they don't have a ton around him.

Granted, if he really wanted to win, Chicago's as good a bet as Miami if he goes there. But then there's the whole "More money in miami because of taxes" and all of the other off the court stuff Miami has to entice.

I wonder if Noah's comments bashing Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs hurt at all. LeBron has some sense of how much him leaving is going to devastate Cleveland, leaving to team up with Noah and Boozer in Chicago would be like Art Modell moving the football team to Baltimore and then finally winning the franchise's first Super Bowl there...

--Mike

I'll bite. He automatically makes any team he joins a winner and you know it. He was surrounded by shit in Cleveland and they made it to the finals and won 66 and 61 games the last two years.

The question is not whether the team he joins will win, the question is whether the team he joins will be a champion. Bulls/Heat become championship caliber teams if he joins them. Not the Knicks without some more pieces, of course.

I realize you hate everything that is NY, but to say the Knicks "do not win" is one of your more off the wall statements around here. Teams win when they add players which is exactly what they'd be doing if he was competitive enough to want the ultimate prize -- a title in NY.

Guest Jules

I don't know. I don't buy that the Heat are championship caliber if he joins. I'm not smoking the Bosh hype. I'm glad the Bulls got Boozer instead.

I don't know. I don't buy that the Heat are championship caliber if he joins. I'm not smoking the Bosh hype. I'm glad the Bulls got Boozer instead.

It's not clear to me that they win one either, but it's hard to argue that the Heat aren't at least favorites to win the East with those three. Like I said to bobbob, the Cavs won 66 games last year with just one of those three.

I'll bite. He automatically makes any team he joins a winner and you know it. He was surrounded by shit in Cleveland and they made it to the finals and won 66 and 61 games the last two years.

The question is not whether the team he joins will win, the question is whether the team he joins will be a champion. Bulls/Heat become championship caliber teams if he joins them. Not the Knicks without some more pieces, of course.

I realize you hate everything that is NY, but to say the Knicks "do not win" is one of your more off the wall statements around here. Teams win when they add players which is exactly what they'd be doing if he was competitive enough to want the ultimate prize -- a title in NY.

It's called trash talk. Don't take it seriously. The Knicks are the worst.

Also, I hate this "If he's truly got the heart of a champion, he'll go to New York" thing.

Boozer is not better than Bosh. If you want to argue that the salary difference makes up for it that's one thing, but no. Chris Bosh is a better player than Boozer.