Unexpectedly, all of this has actually strengthened my bond with the Knicks. May LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Riley fail, and their dreams lie shattered on the ground. I look forward to the day when James, his knees shot and no rings on his fingers, is bitter and despised, like Charles Foster Kane in Xanadu.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it, dude - you now root for the New York Yankees of the NBA.

I'm absolutely thrilled about that.

I'm not going to be one of those people who pretends I don't know why people hate us. It's awesome. Nobody hates crappy teams.

Also, that analogy fails on a couple of different levels, primarily because the Heat are operating within the same financial constraints as everyone else in the league, whereas the Yankees use their massive income disparity to cause the talent level in MLB to become unfairly distributed. If anything, they are the Patriots.

Also, it's better than being a fan of the New York Knicks of the NBA.

Thank God for the Lakers!:wub

So they need 4 guys at the minimum. I could see Ilgauskus coming to play center, but they'd need another defensive minded big guy.

I'm not too worried about the team. You really only need to be able to go 8 deep in the NBA.

I'm excited, it should be fine. Depth is a bit worrisome, sure. But you can get some ring chasers.

They also need a backup point guard so I'll gladly offer my services - if they can use a 46 yr.old 5'11" slow white guy who can't jump and hasn't touched a basketball in 3 years. I'll even play for the league minimum. And most importantly, I'm willing to dial my game back for the sake of the team.

And with Ewing, EVERYBODY in New York loves him, because we know he tried his best and got screwed by the organization and the hyena braying of the New York media. He may not have a ring, but he has the undying love of basketball fans in the world's greatest city. As for LeBron, he is hated in Cleveland - because let's face it, he really did quit in the playoffs; he left the Cavs before he left the Cavs - and will be hated in Miami when he doesn't deliver the goods.

"When"?

The best part about this is how thrilled you and every Knick fan would have been if he'd gone to New York.

But since he didn't, he's a loser who doesn't know how to win and never will win and blah blah blah.

He had a chance to play on the biggest stage in the world, but he was too chickenshit to take it. Reggie Jackson is 10 times the man LeBron James is.

Which will mean a Heat-Knicks first round matchup, because Boston and Orlando are still better than Miami.

Which will mean a Heat-Knicks first round matchup, because Boston and Orlando are still better than Miami.

See the 1999 playoffs.

This whole thing was disgusting. why not just sign a fucking contract and announce it via the team like most people do. Instead, an hour long wank-fest (which I did not watch).

I think many many more people woke up as heat-haters than heat fans. I hope to god they lose. Sorry BB.

What a silly emotional roller coaster ride this has been for certain cities.

From a fan of the Boston Celtics I'm not too happy with the Big 3 returning. They will be pampered throughout the season to gain a slot into the post season. This isn't really fair to most season ticket holders. I'm not one of those people, but I have friends who are and they wish that they dismantled the team and added around Perkins & Rondo. Paying big money to guys pushing 35 etc. seems a bit foolish, but keeps fans happy because they're back in green.

RE: The Hysterical Emotionally Flawed 5 Page Ex Girlfriend Facebook Post Against King James: So by taking into account everything you wrote, you were willing to pay this "quitter" an extra $30 million than everyone else to keep him in your city and not surround him with quality basketball players. If you haven't done this in the past 10 years, why start now? And ironically, I might add, now that your best player has disappeared you plan on trying to win a championship before he does. ?? Sir, I'd like to sell you healable spaghetti. You stir it in your pot for 15-20 minutes and apply it to bruises. It works like a charm.

RE: LeBron James - I would have done the same thing he did. (although skip the ESPN special) In his eyes Miami has the best chance to win with the current players involved. I'm not 100% into the NBA to know every nook & cranny player (I can though for the MLB) to know who else the Knicks have besides Stoudemire. They weren't in the playoffs this past year, so I'm not too well informed.

Edit: I've been through this before with Wade Boggs & Roger Clemens & the Red Sox.

Oh and Gilbert's letter? email 101 teaches us that you never send a nasty gram without sleeping on it first. And then, only send if they recipient doesn't have a phone. TALK IT OUT!

This whole thing was disgusting. why not just sign a fucking contract and announce it via the team like most people do. Instead, an hour long wank-fest (which I did not watch).

I think many many more people woke up as heat-haters than heat fans. I hope to god they lose. Sorry BB.

Not a basketball fan, but I just had to comment that this Lebron James wank-fest made me completely sick. I work for a well known Sports Apparel/Footwear company, so ESPN is broadcasted 24/7 on the CC TV's.... I swear, for over a week there hasn't been a single moment that they weren't talking about this douchebag... Why is Lebron in bed with ESPN? Did he pay them or something? Or just nothing better to talk about?

This whole LeBron thing is representative of the larger media as well. They are in bed with the people they cover (as shown by the Washington Press Corps' embaressing show at the Biden Barbeque a few weeks back), and as such, are incapable of asking them any serious questions are calling them on their bullshit.

I'm happy that he came to my city and makes the team I'm rooting for incredibly fortunate to have his services (no matter what the curmudgeons say), but this whole process has been awful. It's the nadir of sports journalism. And I hope it never recovers. What a fucking joke.

Since this whole episode has been pretty cynical, I'll be cynical about the ESPN thing. Television and radio is mostly about finding the cheapest possible content to fill the space between the commercials. LeBron is what ESPN has been using to fill the space between the commercials for the past week. I'm sure LeBron didn't pay them anything.