• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few things make me happier than watching my cats sleeping contentedly with big cat grins on their cat faces. Especially when they're on their backs with their cat toes pointing at the ceiling. :wub

• 2 weeks later...

The woman at the pizza place near my house who always puts the maximum amount of Coke in my cup and never spills any, even when she puts the top on. :wub (Clearly I'm a Coke addict.)

1. My dog's reaction to me coming home.

2. Hearing someone say bless you after a sneeze.

3. Uncontrolable laughter

4. Seeing a couple on a date

5. Being in a public place and hearing a song come on that most people don't know and then watching as everyone falls in love with it.

6. A Newcastle in a dim, empty bar.

7. A child's opinion.

8. Getting a call out of the blue from my mother on a bad day.

9. My sisters baked and crackin on everything.

10. Being curled up on the sofa with someone you love.

Threads like this make me happy. Its so easy to focus on the negative things in life. As people have highlighted its amazing how one little action can cause happyness in us.

And for me...Watching "Yo Gabba Gabba" with my two little boys (3 & 5 yrs old) is the best.

Also, I live by a nice river (River Severn in Shrewsbury, U.K) and sometimes I take my cup of coffee down to the river and sit on the bench for 15 minutes and watch the water and the wildlife and the dog-walkers. Perfect.

If we stop and look, life can be pretty cool.

(Also, in reference to a previous poster, watching David Lynch in interviews makes me happy. He's a funny fellow!!)

Guest Speed Racer

4 day weekends!! Spending my $30 giftcard at the local Polish deli during my four day weekend!! Not having to go into work on my four day weekend like I thought I would!!

People I haven't seen in years calling me and wishing me a happy birthday.

When you are at a concert patiently waiting for the main act and the lights go down. That very instant.

Oh yeah!

Driving with the top down on a warm, moonlit night listening to SBS

When my nieces text/Facebook me

When someone is happy to see me

The smoothie guy remembering my drink (PB&J with skim milk)

On a bad day when someone asks, "What's wrong."

When my Mom baby talks me (hated it at 20, love it at 40)

Old couples holding hands

When teens are polite

Customer service people who chat

When my bro's golden retriever puppy nuzzles my dog-hating mom, and my mom nuzzles back.

Walking through a field of cherry blossoms trees on a windy day

This may sound sort of cheesy or like a commercial, but for me it is when strangers smile. This morning on the subway a woman got on and was sitting across from me. She was looking very dour and serious (and unhappy). She got out her blackberry and was scrolling through and then got to something that made her happy. She suddenly got the biggest smile on her face and she looked genuinely happy. Just seeing that made me smile too.