Time for a couple more today...

51mDxYwnaUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51UVX5HKIiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Magnetic Fields - Realism

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

410CD26K8CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51BG-xrOKnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61dZbzOiRDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Webb Brothers - Beyond the Biosphere

Suede - Coming Up

Glenn Gould - Bach: The Goldberg Variations

(and a covers mix from a friend)

awesome.

i love it as well. still far too early for me to say if i like it as much as the last 2, but i'm certainly not disappointed with it in the least.

that new Sharon album is fantastic too. i didn't love 100 Days, 100 Nights as much as Naturally, but this one is up there for sure.

FreeEnergy_Cover_.jpg

I should go get this. I feel really bad for skipping their concert, but school work is a good reason.

What's this all about? I hate that album cover, but maybe the music is good.

What's this all about? I hate that album cover, but maybe the music is good.

it's a blast. the album cover does kinda fit the music/aesthetic tho

sorta curious if Pfork will hate it or love it, kinda feel like there's not gonna be any middle ground with them.

sorta curious if Pfork will hate it or love it, kinda feel like there's not gonna be any middle ground with them.

They loved it. They reviewed it a few weeks ago, I think.

EDIT: Pitchfork review

agree! it's definately a fun pop album. it's the best 'power pop' album i've heard since weezer's first album & matthew sweet's 100%. it's hard not to like it.

now playing:

51%2BechzWRML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How is that? I run hot and cold on Josh Ritter.

i'm hot/cold on ritter also...but i really like this one...it's definately more mellow than the last album.

They loved it. They reviewed it a few weeks ago, I think.

EDIT: Pitchfork review

oh crap, i knew that. i even tweeted about it when it happened, haha... total brainfart blush.gif

was thinking they decided to wait for the physical release this week, but now i remember them reviewing it based on the digital

i'm getting senile :(

oh crap, i knew that. i even tweeted about it when it happened, haha... total brainfart blush.gif

was thinking they decided to wait for the physical release this week, but now i remember them reviewing it based on the digital

i'm getting senile :(

:lol

agree! it's definately a fun pop album. it's the best 'power pop' album i've heard since weezer's first album & matthew sweet's 100%. it's hard not to like it.

now playing:

51%2BechzWRML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A tad disapointed in the new Ritter. His last two were great esp Animal Years. The new record for me gets bogged down with too many long winded slow tempo story songs. It is defintely a lyrical album, but not one for an easy car ride listen. I guess it is like a mid 60's Dylan album or something