Now Playing: May 2010

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51wclirEUBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Frank Black - Bluefinger

I don't know, the Bee Gees with no Robin? I have never heard this.

i really like it. it was a tv film too.

i don't know how much you know about the bee gees, but it's kind of like Odessa, Two Years On & Trafalgar - some quite big, well orchestrated, ballads - a few . . . oh, actually i'll just search youtube, and see if they have any clips. i think it's fantastic, but i really really love the early bee gees (up until they went disco). i'll post them if i find something.

rhino were supposed to be releasing this, along with a couple of the other albums - that came out after Odessa - the same way as they did with the first few albums (2 cds - 1 with mono and stereo versions of the album, and the second disc with b-sides and outtakes etc...) but, i've got a feeling the whole project has gone tits-up. which is a massive shame as they are fantastic albums.

agree! it's definately a fun pop album. it's the best 'power pop' album i've heard since weezer's first album & matthew sweet's 100%. it's hard not to like it.

Now that is an endorsement! I've got to check it out now.

Edit: And it's streaming over at Spinner for anyone interested. Sticky Bubblegum

i really like it. it was a tv film too.

i don't know how much you know about the bee gees, but it's kind of like Odessa, Two Years On & Trafalgar - some quite big, well orchestrated, ballads - a few . . . oh, actually i'll just search youtube, and see if they have any clips. i think it's fantastic, but i really really love the early bee gees (up until they went disco). i'll post them if i find something.

I even like the disco stuff. unsure.gif

I will check out the links when I get home. Company has cut us off from youtube.

I even like the disco stuff. unsure.gif

I will check out the links when I get home. Company has cut us off from youtube.

i don't dislike the disco stuff. i just mark it as the cut-off point from the stuff i love and the stuff that i think is ok.

51t8XJMuGNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

she's on jools holland (bbc2 - british tv) tomorrow night.

51h6kOp%2ByAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41QCX78ARJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61NX51WCQNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

4178yx8N0lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61BA3GNM7EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Os Mutantes - Haith... Ou Amortecedor...

Buzzcocks - All Set

Camper Van Beethoven - Telephone-Free Landslide Victory

The Sea and Cake - Car Alarm

World Party - Goodbye Jumbo

830863765-1.jpg ... hazlew_lee~_strungout_101b.jpg

Pirates_-_Rickie_Lee_Jones.jpg ... jean-pierre-psychoses.jpg

ditto. i like it WAY more than Challengers. might actually be my 3rd favorite behind Electric Version and Mass Romantic.

Always liked Twin Cinema more than Mass Romantic and Electric Version. I could never get over some of the awful lyrics from Mass Romantic (although some of it is excellent in stark contrast), but the music from that album is great.

Twin Cinema > Electric Version > Mass Romantic > Together > Challengers