Bad Hair Day For Jeff and John

john's hair isn't bad in that video.

Neither is Jeff's. I just can't figure out why he's wearing a bow tie on his head.

:mellow

... and was sitting down really necessary? John looks rather ridiculous sitting down to play an electric bass.

Isn't everyday a bad hair day for Jeff? At least for the past year or so. Looks like he slipped with the electric razor. It kind of reminds me diring reshman in high school when I cut my own bangs. A horrible failure in cost effective, DIY hair styling.

Well, there was definitely some friction between them at that point, and I'm sure he would have preferred to play on of "his" songs from MAII, so that may explain his aloofness, but it would have been silly for them to promote MAII on Letterman without him...

Well, there was definitely some friction between them at that point, and I'm sure he would have preferred to play on of "his" songs from MAII, so that may explain his aloofness, but it would have been silly for them to promote MAII on Letterman without him...

Yep, knew that too. I understand that it'd be odd to promote a record in a live performance without one of the major players. Note to self: avoid making any more half-serious comments on VC in case of corrections and/or clarifications offered by forum members of superior intelligence.

A few thoughts...

I never knew they performed together for MA2. Pretty cool stuff.

The performance might have been a little better if they were standing. I'm all for sitting and playing an acoustic guitar but when the song is that up-tempo, it might be best to move around.

Yeah not much of a point of Billy being there, at least give him a mic and let him sing back up too! Or give him an electric and let him do the slide stuff and Jay can do the baritone guitar... It's been a few years since I read Learning How To Die but didn't Wilco record their new MA2 songs without Billy Bragg??

As for the band, Jay's jacket was awesome! It takes a lot of nerve to go on national television, wearing a jacket like that, and play a nice folk-pop song on a double-neck Danelectro guitar. But I suppose that's why Jay Bennett was the coolest.

Anyone else think Leroy kind of looked like Toby from The Office in this video?

Isn't everyday a bad hair day for Jeff? At least for the past year or so. Looks like he slipped with the electric razor. It kind of reminds me diring reshman in high school when I cut my own bangs. A horrible failure in cost effective, DIY hair styling.

i love jeffs crazy messy hair,..its part of his charm, kinda like 'i don't give a shit' attitude and i love that.

when it comes to looks and music jeff can do no wrong in my book. :D

Yep, knew that too. I understand that it'd be odd to promote a record in a live performance without one of the major players. Note to self: avoid making any more half-serious comments on VC in case of corrections and/or clarifications offered by forum members of superior intelligence.

I'll grant that I'm probably smarter than you, but keep in mind that we're both posting in a thread about a bad haircut Jeff Tweedy had ten years ago.