Bad Hair Day For Jeff and John

Anyone else think Leroy kind of looked like Toby from The Office in this video?

You and I need to get together, because oh man, I thought this exact thing.

Also, Jay's coat is ridiculous.

Why Secret of the Sea, of all songs.

Why are you hating on Secret of the Sea? I hesitated to bring this up because I didn't want to unleash a patented SS tounglashing that is sure to come, but I really want to know.

Personally, I find it charming and tuneful. Musically, a trip through 40 years of pop music. Simple lyrics with no deep message. Not every song has to be an earthshaking tour de force. There's something to be said for playful, tuneful pop.

Even a gourmet chef likes a ham sandwich every now and then.

Why Secret of the Sea, of all songs.

Song length may have been a factor as ususually an act is granted no more than 4 minutes to perform on tv talk shows; plus it's catchy and the casual music fan may look into buying the album if they give them a hook.

Secret of the Sea has grown on me over the years, but it does seem odd that on a record with about two or three Wilco masterpieces on it (Mountain Bed, Airline, Someday Some Morning) they went with it. That would be like them playing You Never Know on television in support of Wilco The Album... oh wait a minute.

--Mike

Secret of the Sea has grown on me over the years, but it does seem odd that on a record with about two or three Wilco masterpieces on it (Mountain Bed, Airline, Someday Some Morning) they went with it. That would be like them playing You Never Know on television in support of Wilco The Album... oh wait a minute.

--Mike

You see...at this point they were actually trying to SELL RECORDS. They didn't yet realize that the American public can never really embrace music of merit en masse.

You see...at this point they were actually trying to SELL RECORDS. They didn't yet realize that the American public can never really embrace music of merit en masse.

It's pretty interesting to me at least, that it was only after they left Reprise, stopped making bad nineties music videos, letting David Kahn remix their singles, etc. etc. That they finally started selling records, though they're certainly not doing en masse.

I have had Secret of the Sea stuck in my head since this was posted, it's an awfully catchy melody for sure.

--Mike

Me too. Not a bad song - if you don't listen too closely.

:lol. Weirdly enough I told my friend John something similar about WTA: "it's great, when you don't really listen to it."

--Mike

:lol. Weirdly enough I told my friend John something similar about WTA: "it's great, when you don't really listen to it."

--Mike

Exactly. Corporate record companies get filthy rich on this concept, hence the choice of song here.

Secret of the Sea

Secret of the sea, Secret of the sea,

Seek seek seek secrrr

r

r

rret ovv

v

v thaaaaa Seeeea

a.

Secret of the sea. Secret of the sea. Scott Grrr on the remix. Jay z eating weatbix. Cash moni. Oil moni. Spillin ova like an oil spill. Clean up unda way no way BP gonna pay.

Blame game fame game must be a slo day. Fresh cut haircut kinda lame. Mermaid avenue splashin in the waves like I wanna play.

Long Loooong way from an Chicago streets. Washed up? naw still got bad-ass beats. Ain't Braggin', Billies lagin, week rhymes but I still be laughfin.

Whooez that on the left with the tamborine an a long drum stick?

Whooez that with the White suit pink Jazz and some hi-heel sneaks?

Oklahoma dust bowl an I must be seein double. Jay jay Danelectro, Jeff what? no stubble?

Seek seek Secret Of The Sea--wrrk---

Seek seek Secret Of The Sea--STAND UP!!---

Seek seek Secret Of The Sea--wik wik wrrk---Seek seek Secret Of The Sea--STAND UP!!---