• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the ideas all!

Verlaine/Lloyd (Television)

Quine/Julian (The Voidiods)

Tipton/Downing (Judas Priest)

Richards/Taylor (Rolling Stones' -- early 70s recordings)

Dude, how can they be your favorite if you don't know their names? Look at all they do for us, the least we can do is learn their names.

yes i'm a horrible person.

Well, holy shit, nobody mentioned Jerry Garcia/Bob Weir yet? Sacrilege. Oh, I guess someone sorta did. But "Bob and Jerry"? Pffft.

Ryan Adams/Neal Casal have produced some pretty sublime moments.

And last but definitely not least, Joe Strummer/Mick Jones, who basically melted my face off when I saw them. RIP Joe.

bob and jerry is obviously weir and garcia.

Quine/Julian (The Voidiods)

I would Say Robert Quine and any guitarist he played with. He was greatness personified.

I would Say Robert Quine and any guitarist he played with. He was greatness personified.

I knew that there was a reason that i liked you.

This!

Also Robert Quine and Matthew Sweet on Girlfriend. Love the interplay between the guitars on that LP. Clapton and Allman on Derek & the Dominoes. Clearly Bob & Jerry. Neil Young & Danny Whitten.

great call with neil and danny. pancho and neil have some very nice interplay too. love poncho's little lines under neil's chords.

Not horrible. :no Just lazy. :yawn

nice.

besides the band, that was his best backing band ever. they really brought out the rest in dylan. i miss those days. dylan seemed to just love playing with those guys. i basically quit seeing him live after those two left.

I think that was the best band Dylan ever played with (that includes The Band). Each night they put on a different show and it usually always sounded inspired and great.

I think that was the best band Dylan ever played with (that includes The Band). Each night they put on a different show and it usually always sounded inspired and great.

yeah, i wouldn't really argue with you. i never saw dylan w/ the band but i love everything he did w/ them.

I remember once hearing a story about a young rock and roll guitarist (i think it was Keith Richards) hearing an old blues record for the first time and asking "who is that?" and getting the response "Robert Johnson." (I think), and Richards responding "And who's the other one?" But of course, there was no one else.

So, in deference to Keith, Robert Johnson/Robert Johnson.

If anyone has heard this legend and correct me on the names, please do so.

Robyn Hitchcock/Peter Buck

Robyn Hitchcock/Kimberly Rew

I remember once hearing a story about a young rock and roll guitarist (i think it was Keith Richards) hearing an old blues record for the first time and asking "who is that?" and getting the response "Robert Johnson." (I think), and Richards responding "And who's the other one?" But of course, there was no one else.

So, in deference to Keith, Robert Johnson/Robert Johnson.

If anyone has heard this legend and correct me on the names, please do so.

All the above is correct - Richards did say that.