• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the international harvesters band was a great band, but they were kind of hit and miss with me. some of the songs i'm sure will be great, but sometimes i just didn't care for them.

for example, powderfinger is one of my all-time favorite songs, but not like this haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5TLFNXG810

thanks for posting. what a bunch of cheeze balls! love it! nice restrained guitar solos from neil.

the international harvesters band was a great band, but they were kind of hit and miss with me. some of the songs i'm sure will be great, but sometimes i just didn't care for them.

for example, powderfinger is one of my all-time favorite songs, but not like this haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5TLFNXG810

It was at this point I was trying to figure out whether Neil had lost his mind or whether he was trying to make David Geffen's head explode.

It was at this point I was trying to figure out whether Neil had lost his mind or whether he was trying to make David Geffen's head explode.

If this is ACL there is a great version of Helpless that they do.

If this is ACL there is a great version of Helpless that they do.

Problem with this International Harvester Old ways stuff was Neil was daytripping. At times it seemed almost like he was parodying Country Music. Almost like he was baiting people.

So......if 'A treasure' is Performance Series 9 and 'Dreamin Man' is Performace Series 12 what will make up 10 and 11?

Has to be between the period of '85 and '92. Hopefully we get a bluenotes show and maybe something with 'the Restless' from circa 1989.

It also means that between 1972 and 1984 we have four more releases. Time Fades Away II, Santa Monica Flyers '73, Bottom Line '75?

Anyone care to speculate?

So......if 'A treasure' is Performance Series 9 and 'Dreamin Man' is Performace Series 12 what will make up 10 and 11?

Has to be between the period of '85 and '92. Hopefully we get a bluenotes show and maybe something with 'the Restless' from circa 1989.

It also means that between 1972 and 1984 we have four more releases. Time Fades Away II, Santa Monica Flyers '73, Bottom Line '75?

Anyone care to speculate?

i don't think A Treasure is part of the performance series.

anyway, rusted out garage will probably be one. there's def video for that to.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/57078/neil-young-returns-to-massey-hall-jonathan-demme-to-film.html

Massey Hall shows to be filmed by Demme. this is cool. however, Trunk Show from the 2007 tour has yet to be released. Heart of Gold was a great movie. especially the ending with neil doing Old Laughing Lady in a new arrangement.

Well the show they film should be flawless, Neil's had TONS of practice playing this show :lol

it'll be nice to have a document of this tour. if they ever release it, that is.

• 1 month later...

double LP + shirt = $70.

hey Neil, your prices fucking suck!

What, are you kidding? That's a bargan in Neil Young dollars! Shirts at his live gigs are 50 bucks alone and i think on one tour i paid 10 bucks for some official tour rolling papers! :shifty

double LP + shirt = $70.

hey Neil, your prices fucking suck!

It's even worse over here in the UK. All they seem to do is replace the doller sign with a pound sign!! No exchange rate. The Vinyl is on Amazon for £45. That is a bit pricy!

Still gonna get the vinyl but might have to shop around. Tracks like Grey Riders and Southern Pacific are great. The 'Tech Notes' on Neil's site are classic.

It's even worse over here in the UK. All they seem to do is replace the doller sign with a pound sign!! No exchange rate. The Vinyl is on Amazon for £45. That is a bit pricy!

Still gonna get the vinyl but might have to shop around. Tracks like Grey Riders and Southern Pacific are great. The 'Tech Notes' on Neil's site are classic.

yeah, grey riders is gonna rock. too bad it's not a double album cause that band did some interesting versions of classic tunes like down by the river and powder finger. i love the cover art, so i got the t-shirt.

Buffalo Springfield are back:

Buffalo Springfield show review

Indeed, much of Buffalo Springfield's success four decades back can be attributed to catchy harmonizing atop astutely constructed chord progressions. But that pop music formula was occasionally chased from the room Wednesday, never more so than when Young thundered through Mr. Soul, stomping across the stage like a T. rex who missed dinner. Dueling with Stills while Furay looked on amazed, these men seemed more like boys, grinning wildly as they pushed each other to the sonic edge.