• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is mind boggling. 36 years. If you no longer want to be married, then you shouldn't be married, but what in hell could occur after 36 years that makes you say, "I want a divorce"? If you wanted one earlier, then divorce then. What, after 36 years, your spouse cheated? After 36 years, you finally had enough of cheating? It took 36 years for her personal quirks to affect you? They can do what they want, but it makes no sense to me.

But only love can break your heart. Try to be sure, right from the start.

I guess he wants to die broke.

Frankly, after reading Graham Nash's book, I'm surprised Neil didn't abandon her a long time ago.  Abandoning things seems to be his most consistent personality trait.

It is mind boggling. 36 years. If you no longer want to be married, then you shouldn't be married, but what in hell could occur after 36 years that makes you say, "I want a divorce"? If you wanted one earlier, then divorce then. What, after 36 years, your spouse cheated? After 36 years, you finally had enough of cheating? It took 36 years for her personal quirks to affect you? They can do what they want, but it makes no sense to me.

They raised a son with cerebral palsey.  Even with all the help their wealth can provide that had to put an enormous amount of stress on their marriage, and though that son is an adult now, I have no doubt that kind of stress leave scars that are hard to heal.  I am sorry to hear this and wish them both well.

They raised a son with cerebral palsey.  Even with all the help their wealth can provide that had to put an enormous amount of stress on their marriage, and though that son is an adult now, I have no doubt that kind of stress leave scars that are hard to heal.  I am sorry to hear this and wish them both well.

That is a good point.

I am really shocked with this.

I wonder what the divorce rate is for 70+ year olds with over 30 years married. 

It will be interesting to see if he has another relationship and what kind of girl.  Would be funny if he hooked up with some young girl....or maybe not so funny.

I heard he was coming on Stern soon.....looking forward to that interview.

That is a good point.

I am really shocked with this.

I wonder what the divorce rate is for 70+ year olds with over 30 years married. 

It will be interesting to see if he has another relationship and what kind of girl.  Would be funny if he hooked up with some young girl....or maybe not so funny.

I heard he was coming on Stern soon.....looking forward to that interview.

I was pretty excited last week when Stern teased his upcoming appearance, but I'm guessing now the interview will be postponed or canceled.

I knew about their son's health issues and I agree that it had to be stressful. My wife and I raised a now 27 and doing well, dual-diagnosis daughter - bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety plus addiction. Not the same as cerebral palsy, but a major stressor on the family. I am also sorry to hear about the Youngs and wish them happiness. I did not mean to sound cavalier yesterday. I just meant that from my perspective, getting a divorce after 36 years... it leaves me grasping for a reason that I, admittedly from my own bias toward marriage and family, can understand. My wife and I were discussing it last night. She was/is as dumbfounded as I.

He's dumping her before all the Pono money starts rolling in.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Why Why is he involved with that POS product....He certainly beats to his own drum...except when he goes on kickstarter, then he beats everyone elses drum.

Maybe his newfound sobriety has allowed him a certain clarity, thus a parting of ways?

Actually there might be something to that although more from her perspective.  It's like that Isbell song:

"There's a man who walks beside me / He is who I used to be / And I wonder if she sees him and confuses him with me."

Maybe he has changed with becoming sober after 40 years.  I know I became a grouchier bastard for awhile when I started easing up on the beer.

I find being married to be easy.