• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since the 90s Neil can sometimes get a little carried away with his lyrics, this is a good example of that. Also I love that Neil's website looks like it's from 1998. 

Information on the new album:

The veteran Canadian rocker’s new studio set Storytone will arrive Nov. 4 in the U.S. via Reprise Records (Oct. 31 in Australia). For the full listening experience, the recording will spill over onto two discs -- a solo effort, and its counterpart recorded with a 92-piece orchestra and choir.

Young “took a different approach with this record,” according to a statement, “first recording the songs on his own in a solo-setting, then creating compelling versions of the songs in a new light with an orchestra and big band, resulting in a deeply-personal emotional listening experience throughout the new record."

"Storytone" track-listing for 2-CD deluxe set:

Disc 1

1. "Plastic Flowers" (Solo)

2. "Who’s Gonna Stand Up?" (Solo)

3. "I Want To Drive My Car" (Solo)

4. "Glimmer" (Solo)

5. "Say Hello To Chicago" (Solo)

6. "Tumbleweed" (Solo)

7. "Like You Used To Do" (Solo)

8. "I’m Glad I Found You" (Solo)

9. "When I Watch You Sleeping" (Solo)

10. "All Those Dreams" (Solo)

DISC 2

1. "Plastic Flowers" (Orchestral)

2. "Who’s Gonna Stand Up?" (Orchestral)

3. "I Want To Drive My Car" (Orchestral)

4. "Glimmer" (Orchestral)

5. "Say Hello To Chicago" (Orchestral)

6. "Tumbleweed" (Orchestral)

7. "Like You Used To Do" (Orchestral)

8. "I’m Glad I Found You" (Orchestral)

9. "When I Watch You Sleeping" (Orchestral)

10. "All Those Dreams" (Orchestral)

Neil dating Daryl Hannah?

That explains a lot

I know folks saw Neil on Colbert the other night. Funny as hell and I give the guy credit for not succumbing to trying to look less than his age by donning a wig, etc., but honestly I wish I could afford to retrofit a classic car so it didn't burn gas, but alas I can't so I guess I just have to feel guilty about it.

LouieB

no. listen to his interview on Stern from last week.

Well what was it then?  I keep catching the same last 30 minutes of the Neil Interview on Sirius but keep missing the first half.

Stern is the best interviewer in the business right now.....he has some advantages because he has all the time in the world (as opposed to TV when you are limited to 15 minutes or less).

Neil basically said Croz fucked up and didnt make it right and had chances but too late now....did not detail what exactly it was but timing seems right.

Interesting I saw an interview with CSN with Dan Rather that must have been taped before this because Croz was speaking about Neil like no issues.

Who really wants to see CSNY again anyway....we Want Crazy Horse

If Stern (who I always enjoyed as entertainment when he was on regular radio) is the best interviewer now speaks to how unbelievably bad things are.  He is smart guy and funny but not an actual journalist,  But hey if he can get a decent story, what the hell. (I like watching the TMZ too, so go figure.)

LouieB

Thanks Tinnitus for posting that.  I guess it would be silly to think his remarks about Darryl Hannah was the cause of the issues but the interview was very ambiguous on the subject.  I’m sure it didn’t help the relationship but there has to be some baggage built up over the years.  I always thought Young and Stills had all the issues so it was a surprise to hear all the nice words about that relationship.

Howard Stern really is one of the best interviewers around.  He consistently asks the types of questions you want him to and has just the right amount of respect without being too ass kissing.  He clearly does his homework too.

“You have to choose 1, who are you going to record with, Crosby or Manson?“ :lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Havent heard it, reviews are not so hot. He's included a stripped down version with no orchestra and horns which is supposed to be much better.