I know Neil's been quoted as having personal reasons for not having TFA released, but hopefully now that the Archives are almost completed that means all they have to do is just release it.

I would love to have Ragged Glory, Harvest Moon and Sleeps with Angels on Vinyl. Or the Dead Man Soundtrack  :twitchsmile

He reissued TFA on vinyl and, as suites pointed out, has it up on Spotify.  It never received a CD release which I always found curious.  He released the four of the "Missing Six" (OTB, AS&B, H&D, Reactor) on CD thirteen years ago, but no TFA or JTTP.  With the CD being a dying or dead medium, I cannot imagine Neil will ever release either of those on that format.

I, too, am looking forward to the reissuing of RG, HM, SWA (and Freedom) on vinyl.  I hope "Don't Spook the Horse" is a bonus 7'' with the RG reissue.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the rerelease of TFA when it came out on vinyl in that box set two Black Friday's ago. I'm just hoping that whatever kept him from rereleasing TFA for so long will mean that the rest of his material should come out without a hitch.

I found a brand new copy of Silver & Gold a couple of months back. as far as I know he never rereleased that one on vinyl, so I was pretty excited to find it!

I, too, am looking forward to the reissuing of RG, HM, SWA (and Freedom) on vinyl.  I hope "Don't Spook the Horse" is a bonus 7'' with the RG reissue.

Yeah, those ones would be great, same with the Eldorado EP. I found a decent bootleg of it this spring but it'd be nice to have a real copy. There's only Hawks & Doves and Re-ac-tor left to reissue and then we're into the Geffen stuff which I would assume won't be reissued with the rest of Neil's stuff (unless he got the rights to those albums back?). Then we're into the late 80s, so hopefully not too much longer... 

I picked up the rerelease of TFA when it came out on vinyl in that box set two Black Friday's ago. I'm just hoping that whatever kept him from rereleasing TFA for so long will mean that the rest of his material should come out without a hitch.

I found a brand new copy of Silver & Gold a couple of months back. as far as I know he never rereleased that one on vinyl, so I was pretty excited to find it!

Yeah for an early 2000's release, there must have been a lot of vinyl copies of SIlver & Gold, as I found that one new at a store in my local mall not too long ago.

My box set arrived today. Live Rust sounds fantastic  :)

Decade was my first real immersion into Neil's catalog and I love it.  While it does contain a handful of non-album tacks, I wasn't expecting him to include a compilation in the box set series.

Deep Forbidden Lake and Winterlong are two of my favorites. Maybe Decade will get a standalone release someday, I think it's a fantastic compilation.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he has hit his head once too often:

Neil Young appeared on the Rolling Stone Music Now podcast to dish on all things Peace Trail, his latest album addressing the troubling sides of this here planet Earth and the perils we face as people. He also addressed his rumored touring hiatus ("I've got a lot to do without touring," he said) as well as the future of his Pono player, Crazy Horse and CSNY. 

Crazy Horse "has a huge future," Young said. "[bassist Billy Talbot] is in great shape, he's fine," he noted of Talbot's stroke that forced him off the road. As for CSNY, Young says "anything is possible" when it comes to a potential 50 year reunion with the other guys. 

Of course, Young also touched on a number of other current events, including America's newest President-elect. "Trump has a refreshing viewpoint for the downtrodden, for the people who have suffered under politics as usual," Young said. He noted that he wishes the new President well, but hopes "he fails miserably with all of his bad ideas." 

Young recounted a meeting he had with Trump once upon a time about funding his Pono music player. "I said, 'Don, let's make music great again,'" he joked before adding, "I won't sue him for taking that." 

My guitarist friend and I got together this weekend to jam.  We played a bunch of NY&CH songs. Powderfinger, Fuckin' Up, Cinnamon Girl, Hey Hey My My.  Those songs are easy and fun as shit to play on drums.  It also gave me an opportunity to try singing backup parts while playing, which is something I've never done. Fortunately I did not have a vocal mic so I got to imagine it sounding good, rather than hearing it sound terrible.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...