• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a great copy of Time Fades Away a few years ago, original pressing. Just need to find On The Beach to fill out the Ditch trilogy.

I got an original pressing of that many years ago. It still had the lyric sheet inside the album cover. Do the new releases still include that?

I don't know. Did they do a vinyl reissue of this?  Mins is a cutout/old one.  No lyric sheet.  Was the original pressing gatefold?  Mine is not.  

I got an original pressing of that many years ago. It still had the lyric sheet inside the album cover. Do the new releases still include that?

I have a repressing of it from a 2014 that includes a lyric poster as per the original pressing. A lot of care went into these new repressings to make them as faithful to the originals as possible (at least when they first came out in a boxset, not sure about the individual copies sitting on store shelves now), such as the floral pattern inside On The Beach's cover.

I don't know. Did they do a vinyl reissue of this?  Mins is a cutout/old one.  No lyric sheet.  Was the original pressing gatefold?  Mine is not.  

I don't think it is. The sheet is real thin. I was surprised it was in there. And this it was not ripped. 

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching this:

Not sure how to describe it. It's interesting. The music is pretty good, except the first song sounds suspiciously like War of Man. Otherwise I'm not sure what's going on and I don't know if Daryl and Neil did either when they shot it.

• 1 month later...

Anybody catch the Neil Young/Crazy Horse stream last night -- I forgot about it. Nil Lofgren filled in for Poncho.

Pretty decent set list. Hopefully the stream pops up somewhere

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/neil-young-reunites-with-crazy-horse-fresno-live-review-w519752

Set List

"Big Time"
"Country Home"
"Don't Cry No Tears"
"Winterlong"
"World on a String"
"Scattered (Let's Think About Livin')"
"Fuckin' Up"
"Too Far Gone"
"Only Love Can Break Your Heart"
"Cinnamon Girl"
"Cortez the Killer"
"Walk On"
"Like a Hurricane"
"Mansion on the Hill"
"Roll Another Number (for the Road)"

Sounded good to me. There are some videos up on youtube.

I guess I'm going over to YT then!

I'll be checking Rust Radio periodically to see if any of these shows gets put up there.

I find it funny that a while back he said he was not going to tour this year. And now he has two bands going on at the same time. I was digging around a bit last week as to why Poncho is out. I didn't find anything. 

I heard that he is pretty much retired and living in Hawaii. Maybe Poncho didn't think his chops were up to par for this set of shows - but that sounds unlikely. 

Poncho is on record saying he wants to do a farewell tour.  I think Neil said he "wasn't able to be here this time."  That could mean pretty much anything, but it doesn't sound like Neil fired him, or anything like that.

Poncho is on record saying he wants to do a farewell tour.  I think Neil said he "wasn't able to be here this time."  That could mean pretty much anything, but it doesn't sound like Neil fired him, or anything like that.

From all the places that may have an answer...there are not any that I can find.  Would be great if they had Poncho and Nils both for a tour.

For the past couple of days I have been listening the latest ROXY: Tonight's the Night Live. Great stuff. Would have loved to catch him play during this era. It seems so laid back.

Nils is on this release, playing with Molina and Talbot (plus Ben Kieth) , so I guess it's fitting that he played this past week, too.

From all the places that may have an answer...there are not any that I can find.  Would be great if they had Poncho and Nils both for a tour.

That'd be great.  I've only ever seen the Poncho/Neil/BIlly/Ralph version.  I'd love to see them incorporate piano and other instruments and do some of the After the Gold Rush or Everybody Knows... deep cuts.

I think Wiki may be taken things a bit too far. Though technically true -- i am taking these past shows as Nils sitting in for Poncho. Of course I may be wrong. I haven't heard anything official.

In 2018, Lofgren replaced Sampedro for the first Neil Young & Crazy Horse concerts since 2014.

Lineup[edit]
Current[edit]Past members who performed with Neil Young and Crazy Horse[edit]

•  

Baseless speculation: I feel like if Poncho just wasn't available or unable to play earlier this month Neil's camp would have said so. The fact that they're not really talking about it leads me to believe it's going to be Nils going forward for the Horse.

Baseless speculation: I feel like if Poncho just wasn't available or unable to play earlier this month Neil's camp would have said so. The fact that they're not really talking about it leads me to believe it's going to be Nils going forward for the Horse.

Nils is an awesome player. On the vid, Neil seemed to be enjoying the whole thing. Got to hang out with Nils once. Very nice & funny guy. His solo shows are always good, too.

Neil has commented on Poncho's absence and eventual return, but only in vague terms.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-plots-new-crazy-horse-gigs-with-nils-lofgren-w519538

"Life is an unfolding saga," Young wrote on his Neil Young archives newspaper The NYA Times-Contrarian. "A few months back we started talking about playing some remote clubs and getting our feet wet again. Poncho is unable to join us right now but we all hope he will be back ... I think it will be the beginning of another beautiful chapter in our long, enriching and life changing Crazy Horse story."

Yeah Nils has some tours too later this spring and fall so if they are gearing up for a Crazy Horse tour (please Neil) then it might just be with Poncho.

I'll take Neil with Crazy Horse, of course, but at this point based on shows I've seen, I'd prefer to see Neil live with the young guys in Promise Of The Real, they were so great last year.  I really hope they add a summer tour to the three festival dates they already have scheduled this summer.  You never know with Neil, he can change his mind quickly.