Now Playing: June 2010

i've been listening to that quite a bit since it leaked too. pitchfork gave it a 9.0, which i think is a little bit high; but it's certainly one of the better albums i've heard this year.

That sounds amazing, I'll be giving this one a spin.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds amazing, I'll be giving this one a spin.

yeah, it's really good. each song is about 5 songs put together. i don't know if you know any of his older stuff, but this is basically the same thing with better production ( i know this is still pretty lo-fi, but his other stuff is bedroom recording music). so if you liked that song i posted, i'd say get into this album, then have a check out of his older music.

i've been listening to that quite a bit since it leaked too. pitchfork gave it a 9.0, which i think is a little bit high; but it's certainly one of the better albums i've heard this year.

I saw them open for Animal Collective and that was one of the worst performances I'd seen. Spring forward about 5 years, this album is a direct contrast to my experience. This album actually sounds pretty good. I've been listening to the LA Times stream/widget.

41kcK1n5hqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

how is the entire record? I love the two songs I've heard "Whats In It" and "Remember Last Time". Reviews have been mixed, for whatever that is worth.

I saw them open for Animal Collective and that was one of the worst performances I'd seen. Spring forward about 5 years, this album is a direct contrast to my experience. This album actually sounds pretty good. I've been listening to the LA Times stream/widget.

yeah, i can't imagine they'd be that good live.

np.

51DBXTZ2MGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

how is the entire record? I love the two songs I've heard "Whats In It" and "Remember Last Time". Reviews have been mixed, for whatever that is worth.

it's not bad...i've only listened to the album twice, but it's growing on me. very poppy.

now playing:

51TjxodBmKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

it's not bad...i've only listened to the album twice, but it's growing on me. very poppy.

now playing:

51TjxodBmKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

At first I thought you were talking about Disintegration :lol. I ordered this and waiting for delivery. Did they did good job on the reissue/remastering?

How's this? - I haven't gotten around to get it yet.

If you can believe, mellower than Songs From Northern Britain. Norman's songs are the standouts for me. Gerry has one that would not be out of place on a Clientele album.

At first I thought you were talking about Disintegration :lol. I ordered this and waiting for delivery. Did they did good job on the reissue/remastering?

not bad...i've only listened to it in the car...so it's hard to really tell. one thing i did notice was much fuller bass, and of course a little 'louder' than the original CD. I really like the 3rd live disc "Entreat". The set is worth it for that disc alone. The demos are mostly instrumentals.