Now Playing: June 2010

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm embarrassed to admit this - because I've been a big Dylan fan for, oh, about thirty years - but I don't think I've ever heard Planet Waves.

you're not missing much. skip over to blood on the tracks or go back to the "Dylan" album!

This does not thrill me. Where did you hear/read this? I really dig these guys.

yeah - I really like them too.

Just some emails that have come my way. July 16th/17th at the 'Nick in Birmingham' is supposedly the farewell show. I'm gonna finally put my order in to Skybucket records to buy some more of their and Vulture Whale/13ghosts things.

on to:

200px-Girlfriendmatthewsweet.jpg

gawd I love Sweet.

89778.jpg

I found a copy of this, after much searching, at a used book store near my house. I had given up on finding it, so I was ecstatic when I saw it, and even more thrilled when I saw that it was $2.97. Definitely my find of the week. (Although the next day I found this, which is good competition, since it was $5 instead of $150).

Anyway, as a major Sparklehorse fan, I had to have it. Linkous doesn't sing, so it's not the same. But it's not bad either. Pretty nice cover of Diamonds In The Mine, which is a cruelly neglected Leonard Cohen song, in my opinion.

The Apples In Stereo - Travellers in Time and Space

Brown Recluse - A New Paradigm

Magnetic Fields - Realism

The Sonics - Boom!

hey where should i start with Big Star? i've never seen a band so few people have heard of get so much attention by one site. i must hear.

This'll keep you occupied for a while.

Big-Star-1-Record--Radio-C-435975.jpg