http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-digital-booklet/dp/B003MX4YTK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1275365020&sr=8-2

didn't know if anyone cared. they are touring this summer and playing the entire Moving Pictures album. i think i might go. as for the new songs...meh.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to this.

Me too-

After listening to the band since the late 70s, I am finally going to see them in July.

Neil has been writing some very nice essays and posting them on his website as of late.

My sister was a huge Rush fan, she copied a bunch on their stuff from a boyfriend onto 8 track and I used to grab them from her car and listened to them. Kinda stopped listening to them by mid 80s, but my friend had an extra to the below concert. They made the dismal World sound good. It was a fun night - I was happy when they played Trees, it always one of my favorite of theirs. The video screens/visuals were pretty cool too, esp during The Roll the Bones song. Me and the wife still throw on Chronicles and extended drives. Definitely great driving music.

I must admit I did like the movie I Love You, Man.

Artist Rush

Venue World Music Theatre, Tinley Park, IL, USA

Tour Roll The Bones Tour Tour

Setlist

1. Force Ten

2. Limelight

3. Freewill

4. Distant Early Warning

5. Time Stand Still

6. Dreamline

7. Bravado

8. Roll The Bones

9. Show Don't Tell

10. The Big Money Play

11. Ghost Of A Chance

12. Vital Signs

13. The Analog Kid

14. The Trees

15. Where's My Thing?

16. Drum Solo

17. Closer To The Heart

18. Xanadu

19. Superconductor

20. Tom Sawyer

21. The Spirit Of Radio

22. 2112: Overture / Finding My Way / La Villa Strangiato / Anthem / Red Barchetta /

Spirit Of Radio (Reprise)

From Closer to the Heart to the end of the show - that is an excellent run of songs. I lost interest in the late 80s - saw them 3 times in the early/mid 80s, and they put on a great show each time. Love most of their 70s and early 80s music. I would like to see them play the entire Moving Pictures album - that is the kind of thing that can get me back to see a band I have not seen in a while.

I've seen them four times. First time was in '90. They always do a great show, but I don't like that they've been playing outdoor amphitheaters on recent summer tours. Their show is better indoors, as they use lots of lasers, videos, etc. It doesn't even get dark outside until their show is half way over, so those things look kind of weak when they play outdoors.

yes, the documentary looks so good. i may actually get into this new album. i mean, with all their changes in 'sound' its still rush. hell, i've been listening to roll the bones recently. i first saw them on the presto tour. so great.

jff-i think i'm gonna go to the show at verizon in sept. even though it is outside.

After listening to the band since the late 70s, I am finally going to see them in July.

This is fantastic! Where are you seeing them? If you say "Columbus OH" I will be tempted to make the drive.

Just to chime in on this thread - I've seen the band many times over the past 30+ years ('78, '80, '81, '82, '97, '02, '05, '07) and they have NEVER failed to deliver the goods. These guys are consummate professionals with their craft, and I just cannot imagine any lover of Rock music not digging what they do.

So many memories for me...when I was a teenager my little group of friends were THE Rush freaks in our hometown. They were easily the best thing going from that post-Zep/post-Prog period (latter half of the '70s).

Man, I love Rush. I'd love to see them live but unless they come over here on this upcoming tour I probably never will get to see them.

I like the two new songs that have been knocking around the net lately and I thought that the last album was fantastic. My fave period remains the early years right up to Moving Pictures.

This is fantastic! Where are you seeing them? If you say "Columbus OH" I will be tempted to make the drive.

Just to chime in on this thread - I've seen the band many times over the past 30+ years ('78, '80, '81, '82, '97, '02, '05, '07) and they have NEVER failed to deliver the goods. These guys are consummate professionals with their craft, and I just cannot imagine any lover of Rock music not digging what they do.

So many memories for me...when I was a teenager my little group of friends were THE Rush freaks in our hometown. They were easily the best thing going from that post-Zep/post-Prog period (latter half of the '70s).

New York

I'd much rather see a Caress of Steel or A Farewell to Kings tour, but I don't think the masses would go for that sort of deal.

I take it they are playing Moving Pictures as it is there most well known album, and will attract people who are not Rush freaks.

New York

I'd much rather see a Caress of Steel or A Farewell to Kings tour, but I don't think the masses would go for that sort of deal.

I take it they are playing Moving Pictures as it is there most well known album, and will attract people who are not Rush freaks.

Carress of Steel, though it is widely considered their worst album, contains some of the greatest and most unique moments in thier entire catalog.

This Moving Pictures thing is kind of a weak promo gimmick since they've played pretty much the whole album every night since it came out. There's one song on it they've never played in concert.

jff-i think i'm gonna go to the show at verizon in sept. even though it is outside.

You should go. It'll definitely be a great concert. I might go, even though I wish it was indoors. It's not until September, so it should be getting dark earlier.

Carress of Steel, though it is widely considered their worst album, contains some of the greatest and most unique moments in thier entire catalog.

This Moving Pictures thing is kind of a weak promo gimmick since they've played pretty much the whole album every night since it came out. There's one song on it they've never played in concert.

I certainly would not say that "Caress Of Steel" is weaker than some of the synth-driven LPs of the latter half of the '80s. Hell, "The Necromancer" is one of my favorite things they've ever done. Side two is Rush attempting to go whole hog with an side-length tune. It's not really mind-blowing, but they had to do "The Fountain" so they could truly get a grip on such a long piece, and with their next effort at a magnum opus (2112) I think we can all agree that they hit the jackpot on that one! I think of it like The Floyd first doing "Atom Heart Mother" (which sort of just plods along for the most part), and then really hitting their stride with "Echoes".

Also, I'm pretty sure I've heard every tune on "Moving Pictures" played live.

I think it is one of their best.

I think it is one of their best.

I like it a lot, too. Aside frmo the debut album, I think all their albums up to Grace Under Pressure are very good. My favorites are A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've heard every tune on "Moving Pictures" played live.

Hmm, I was under the impression there was one song they've never played live. I'm probably misinformed about that.

I certainly would not say that "Caress Of Steel" is weaker than some of the synth-driven LPs of the latter half of the '80s. Hell, "The Necromancer" is one of my favorite things they've ever done. Side two is Rush attempting to go whole hog with an side-length tune. It's not really mind-blowing, but they had to do "The Fountain" so they could truly get a grip on such a long piece, and with their next effort at a magnum opus (2112) I think we can all agree that they hit the jackpot on that one! I think of it like The Floyd first doing "Atom Heart Mother" (which sort of just plods along for the most part), and then really hitting their stride with "Echoes".

That is the part I like - The Fountain of Lamneth.

i thought they had played Camera Eye at some point? maybe not. it's the 30th anniversary for moving pictures.

good point about Echos more Meddle. Atom heart would be much better with out the choir in my opinion. my favorite rush album is Hemispheres.

Woo-hoo! They are GREAT live.

The show is at the Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs.

Hard to find a nicer place to see a show.

We are going to be on the right - toward the middle, I think.

Groovy - gotta work that night, or I would try to join yous!