I thought the doc was great. And really, what was there to discuss about Roll the Bones or Counterparts? They focused on the stuff that was interesting to focus on. I also thought Corgan was just great in this. He should quit trying to please the few fans he has left and become a rock journalist. Who knew he was such a Rush freak?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care for his music, but I thought he was great in the documentary. He also gave the speech when they got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame the other day.

I am surprised they did not mention RUSH-CON.

does he still play those drums?

Neil still uses electronic drums. His drums are set up on a rotating drum riser. He has a full electronic kit behind him, which rotates into place for certain songs, or certain portions of his drum solo.

Here's his kit from a recent tour, with electronic drums in front:

ssprofessor04.jpg

It was interesting to see Alex voice his displeasure of the keyboard and electronic based music.

I read several years ago that Alex wasn't into the keyboards because it stole the sonic frequency range that is typically occupied by guitars. His contributions got buried during that era.

Neil still uses electronic drums. His drums are set up on a rotating drum riser. He has a full electronic kit behind him, which rotates into place for certain songs, or certain portions of his drum solo.

Here's his kit from a recent tour, with electronic drums in front:

ssprofessor04.jpg

Now, that's just silly.

Obviously you haven't seen it in action. :rock

I don't doubt it.

But it's still silly.

Silly is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is, nonetheless, silly.

That's amazing. Is that video from a show, or from some sort of dress rehearsal? It doesn't look like there are anough people there for it to be a real show.

That was from last night - opening night of the tour.

I don't doubt it.

But it's still silly.

Silly is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is, nonetheless, silly.

Fair enough. I'll bet the concept of a rotating drumset started as a joke, and the guys laughed their asses off the first time they saw it rotate into place.

Fair enough. I'll bet the concept of a rotating drumset started as a joke, and the guys laughed their asses off the first time they saw it rotate into place.

Not a big fan of Rush, but I respect the hell out of them as musicians. (How could you not?) And, by all accounts, they appear to be cool guys who I would like to hang out with.

Finally sat down and watched the doc last night. Wow. I couldv'e went with about 5 more hours of that stuff! The band interviews were great, the interviews with other musicians were great (Jack Black excepted).

BTW - my mom turned 70 yesterday. She loves the band. As a matter of fact I DVR'd the doc for her on her TV and she really liked it a lot - "That was always my favorite band you used to listen to when you were a kid living here". She only wished there were songs in their entirety. 2112 is her fave song.

Rock on, Mom! :rock

They are going to be playing it on this tour. So my wish has been fulfilled.

You looked! :lol

You looked! :lol

I saw a video - when I was looking at the opening video deal.

I picked up the DVD today. I wonder why Neil or someone did not write an essay or two to put in the booklet.

The bonus disc has some great stuff on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a video - when I was looking at the opening video deal.

I picked up the DVD today. I wonder why Neil or someone did not write an essay or two to put in the booklet.

The bonus disc has some great stuff on it.

My buddy Alan came over last night with the DVDs. We Watched the bonus disc, and I have to say that "dinner sequence" was worth the price of admission! Funny stuff. A few quick impressions:

- Neil has a very goofy laugh, which he likes to use - OFTEN

-Ged is definitely some kind of freak for wines

- Alex could have been a comedian if the guitar-playing gig wouldn't have worked out for him. That guy is a nut! :lol

If you want to see him in action, check out his work with The Trailer Park Boys. He most certainly has a screw loose.

I found it interesting there was no mention of his troubles in Florida.

• 1 month later...