What albums are flawless to you?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren_Zevon_-_Warren_Zevon.jpg

Warren Zevon (1976)

Perfect.

Absolutely. That is a perfect album. And so, in my opinion, was "Excitable Boy." He did some great work later--including songs from his gallant and heartbreaking final album, and of course Mutineer--but nothing touched the perfection of these two.

Warren_Zevon_-_Warren_Zevon.jpg

Warren Zevon (1976)

Perfect.

The songs are flawless and I love Zevon's voice and delivery, but the production is very 1970's and has Jackson Browne's heavy hand all over it.

The songs are flawless and I love Zevon's voice and delivery, but the production is very 1970's and has Jackson Browne's heavy hand all over it.

Always a bad thing. Most overrated musician ever.

Always a bad thing. Most overrated musician ever.

Wrong, wrong, and SO wrong.

Yes, everyone knows that Kanye West is the most overrated.

Glad to see some love for Warren, one of the most underrated musicians ever. His self-titled release is in my top 20 or 30 favourite records ever and Excitable Boy is right up there too.

Wrong, wrong, and SO wrong.

Just to be clear, I was referring to Jackson Browne. I have no problem with Warren.

On second thought, maybe he's not overrated, per se. Maybe I should have said "Of all the respected music artists, Jackson Browne is the shittiest."

Just to be clear, I was referring to Jackson Browne. I have no problem with Warren.

On second thought, maybe he's not overrated, per se. Maybe I should have said "Of all the respected music artists, Jackson Browne is the shittiest."

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Vehemently.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Vehemently.

:lol

Fair enough. I've given him a few chances. He failed. I like some of the cover versions I've heard of These Days. I'll give him that one.

:lol

Fair enough. I've given him a few chances. He failed. I like some of the cover versions I've heard of These Days. I'll give him that one.

I have no problem with JB. What I have a problem with is his sound running rampant all over Warren's lovely songs. The California Folk Rock Mafia was not a good fit for Warren. But the majesty of his songs stand the test of time.

I enjoy several of Jackson Browne's records, and think he's a respectable guitarist, a talent which comes through in his live, solo acoustic recordings. The one time I saw him live, however, was one of THE worst concerts I've ever been to. But his slide playing in the solo take of "Your Bright Baby Blues" is enough to make me happy.

I have no problem with JB. What I have a problem with is his sound running rampant all over Warren's lovely songs. The California Folk Rock Mafia was not a good fit for Warren. But the majesty of his songs stand the test of time.

I see what your saying, but that album would not even exist without Jackson Browne. At the time, Warren was living in Spain playing at bars with no intention of returning when JB convinced him to come back and record it.

In my opinion, the production is great. Have you heard Warren's first album? The songs are good, but the production is seriously lacking. I think Warren needed someone like Jackson to give him direction in the studio, especially because he was a raging belligerent drunk at the time...

Squuezing Out Sparks

East Side Story

london calling and clash debut

and Imperial bedroom come to mind for me....

maybe damn the torpedos and born to run, too...

Oh man, I know I'll leave something off that I intend to put on here

The Strokes-This Is It

Beatles-Revolver

R.E.M.-Reckoning

Led Zeppelin-II, IV

Grateful Dead-Skull & Roses

Wilco-A Ghost Is Born

Rolling Stones-Hot Rocks (yes, I know it's technically a compilation, but its still got classic songs from start to finish)

Radiohead-The Bends

Pearl Jam-Yield

Avett Brothers-Mignonette