Now Playing: July 2010

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61CK3Sj4saL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

First listen finally. Reminds me of Neko Case. Unfortunately the version I have seems way over the top on reverb, I hope that's not how the album sounds, it's making me afraid to buy it. Very catchy fun album so far.

Interesting that you hear Neko Case, 'cause I think she [bethany] could learn quite a bit from Neko on how to use reverb. But I don't think she's got the pipes or the dark-country vibe of Neko. To me, this is sunny pop music.

Interesting that you hear Neko Case, 'cause I think she [bethany] could learn quite a bit from Neko on how to use reverb. But I don't think she's got the pipes or the dark-country vibe of Neko. To me, this is sunny pop music.

I like it, but I don't really hear Neko either. Of course, I happen to think Neko is peerless, so that might be influencing me.

she has a similiar tone to her voice as Neko, but she's nowhere near as great of a singer (yet) obviously.

but listen to OLD Neko records and then listen to Best Coast...

it's a bit of Neko mixed w/ Liz Phair & Courtney Love

What Solace said re: Bethany/Best Coast.

This is certainly not the most masculine thing I've ever been hooked on, and its completely random that I'm listening to it:

god-help-the-girl-stills.jpg

Especialy the title track, the one that the girl on the cover (Alex Klobouk) sings. Whispery voice that just barely sustains a barebones track, but at the same time makes it more believable.

This is Stuart Murdoch's side project. Probably pretty far under the radar...

700.jpg

she has a similiar tone to her voice as Neko, but she's nowhere near as great of a singer (yet) obviously.

but listen to OLD Neko records and then listen to Best Coast...

it's a bit of Neko mixed w/ Liz Phair & Courtney Love

Thank you for summing up my thoughts nicely.

How is that? I've almost pulled the trigger on it on emusic a couple of times.

I like it. Has a very comfortable feel to it. It won't make any list, but I liked listening to it a lot.

cd-cover.jpgoutoftimecover.jpg

I always have a musical theme to long weekends, and this was an all 90's weekend. I am completely "re"-discovering R.E.M. What a great decade of music they had. "Drive" still gives me chills.......