Now Playing: July 2010

Mark's one of my favorite singers that I've never really given much of a listen to. His songs with QOTSA are obviously awesome, and his cover of Man In The Long Black Coat is perfect. But that's really all I've heard him do.

I saw this album leaked, so I'm checking it out. Really neat stuff. Might finally force me to give Mark's solo/Screaming Trees material a chance.

I have his solo "Whiskey for the holy ghost" CD which is quite good.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Album of the year for me. I don't care what else comes out in 2010. This is IT.

cool - I wlll have to listen more.

but right now:

2009-05-07_romi-mayes.jpg

finally saw Romi last night after 5 or so years. I'm gonna book her into a house party. Great band great album.

campbell.jpg

Mark's one of my favorite singers that I've never really given much of a listen to. His songs with QOTSA are obviously awesome, and his cover of Man In The Long Black Coat is perfect. But that's really all I've heard him do.

I saw this album leaked, so I'm checking it out. Really neat stuff. Might finally force me to give Mark's solo/Screaming Trees material a chance.

awesome! i had no clue they had a new one. the other isobell/lanegan stuff is great. his solo albums are fantastic as are screaming trees. he's def one of my fave singers. think i'm going to create a lanegan pandora station right now!

bestcoast__.jpg

Just now getting around to listening to this and it's great. I liked the EPs a great deal but the LP is way better.

Maybe I need to give it another try. I enjoyed parts of the first two listens but grew tired of the production. What's your favorite part about it?

41rPb9Ij8EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

hmm, Midlake is the backing band.

Album of the year for me. I don't care what else comes out in 2010. This is IT.

Wow. I'm not sure about the lyrics so far, but I absolutely love the sound. I Wanna Go To Marz is fantastic.

seconded. loving Bushwick Blues.

Try White Table too. It starts and stays slow a little too long, but I love the last third, especially the double drums.

I got an advance copy of this about a month or two ago and have been wearing it out. It's a more commercial release than Ode to Sunshine, but that's cool.

Happy to see VC coming around too - been trying to promote these guys for a while now.

I really like their bass player, Jon Jameson.