Now Playing: July 2010

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Details of this are still revealing themselves with each spin.

tumblr_l1z9x6iDtn1qaybmyo1_500.jpg

And will continue to do so forever and ever.

I hated that album upon first listen: thought it was boring as sin. But something about it kept pulling me back, despite that initial impression. It has come to be one of my top-10 all-time favorite albums. So, so great. Layered, dense, and beautiful. Like sculpture carved out of sound.

And yes, it is still revealing itself to me, as well; even after hundreds of listens.

So magnificent.

campbell.jpg

Mark's one of my favorite singers that I've never really given much of a listen to. His songs with QOTSA are obviously awesome, and his cover of Man In The Long Black Coat is perfect. But that's really all I've heard him do.

I saw this album leaked, so I'm checking it out. Really neat stuff. Might finally force me to give Mark's solo/Screaming Trees material a chance.

ML & IC were the backtrack on the closing scene of Rescue Me last night. A friend told me that's not the first time the show has used one of their songs. Was pretty cool & it worked well for the scene.

I hated that album upon first listen: thought it was boring as sin. But something about it kept pulling me back, despite that initial impression. It has come to be one of my top-10 all-time favorite albums. So, so great. Layered, dense, and beautiful. Like sculpture carved out of sound.

And yes, it is still revealing itself to me, as well; even after hundreds of listens.

So magnificent.

The best description of this album ever.

np:

d3284310fca09730951c5010.L._AA300_.jpg

Been listening to the Pumpkins pretty much non-stop for a week.

So magnificent.

That seems to be everyone's experience with this one (at least everyone that grows to love it, some people never do). I remember hearing it was such a classic, Trey Anastasio raved about it for example, so I gave it a listen in my car and didn't understand at all. I got out the headphones and really gave it a listen and really started to hear the melodies and feel come through. Now it just gets better and better every time I pull it out.

NP:

4180SPJVM0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just got the guitar tab book for this on Amazon!

513ZMNoRKbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 510OZ6zM60L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 510XBCG1B4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barbara Lynn - The Jamie Singles Collection 1962-1965

Harry J Allstars - Liquidator (1969)

Fugi - Mary, Don't Take Me On No Bad Trip (1968) - Awful album cover, fantastic record! (Think Funkadelic/Hendrix/Mayfield)

Fugi - Mary, Don't Take Me On No Bad Trip (1968) - Awful album cover, fantastic record! (Think Funkadelic/Hendrix/Mayfield)

It's spelled awesome, not awful. :thumbup

EssraMohawk2094.jpg

Essra Mohawk - Primordial Lovers (1970)

omni126lgcv.jpg

Dee Mullins - The Continuing Story

grisgirs.jpg

Dr. John - Gris Gris

51gfCL0er6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Coming out next week on 180g vinyl ($23.74 from amazon).

Friday Music is very excited to announce the 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of the amazing Robin Trower's "Bridge Of Sighs" LP. Featuring legendary rockers like "Too Rolling Stoned", "Lady Love", "Day Of The Eagle" and the amazing title track, this stunning album will be one of the most anticipated limited edition releases this year. Mastered from the original Chrysalis Records tapes by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music and Capitol Studios in Hollywood, CA. This five star audiophile album features the original artwork, and above all, the guitar wizardry of the legendary Robin Trower! Rock!