Wilco -- 7/30/10, South Bend, IN

Phenomenal...my first Wilco show, btw...I was absolutely blown away and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen - from any band...I particularly liked Impossible Germany, Forget The Flowers, Side with The Seeds and IATTBYH...their range is simply astonishing...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phenomenal...my first Wilco show, btw...I was absolutely blown away and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen - from any band...I particularly liked Impossible Germany, Forget The Flowers, Side with The Seeds and IATTBYH...their range is simply astonishing...

YES YES YES

kind of a random question (by a non-attendee), but can anyone tell me what the had in terms of merch at the show? i'm going to solid sound festival next week and want to know how i should budget accordingly :).

kind of a random question (by a non-attendee), but can anyone tell me what the had in terms of merch at the show? i'm going to solid sound festival next week and want to know how i should budget accordingly :).

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/

All I remember seeing was the "Frank" Caballeros Tee, and with a purchase of the Show Poster a free Summer 09 Tour Program, I know there was more but nothing that "stuck out". I'm personally hoping for a Solid Sound shirt!

I remember seeing the posters and tee shirts. The Frank tee, girls Ravana tee, green guitar tee, some other girls tee with like, hearts on it or similar. Anyway, I didn't notice anything else. Maybe other stuff was already on its way to Solid Sound...!

I've seen Wilco about a dozen times now, and I have to admit that at a point during the show, I felt a bit disappointed. It isn't anything the band did but I think somethimes the band is generally so on, that it can at times be boring, and that is certainly something where the phrase "taken for granted" is probably apt. It is probably the Deadhead in me that once to see a lot of variation each and everynight, and that doesn't always happen, and isn't always warranted. I went to see Bears of Blue River, Avi Buffalo, and Blitzen Trapper last night, and I was walking to Avi inbetween bands, and we were talking about Wilco and Solid Sound etc, and I mentioned that sometimes I wish they were more flawed, because sometimes the flaws are where its at, if you get what I'm saying, and he replied "yeah they are all business" and I kind of got that. So somewhere in between this lust for variation and improvisation and just general spectacular skill, I'll see the forest for the trees, and I'm looking forward to 2011 to see Wilco again, with hopefully some new songs, and new appreciation.

I've seen Wilco about a dozen times now, and I have to admit that at a point during the show, I felt a bit disappointed. It isn't anything the band did but I think somethimes the band is generally so on, that it can at times be boring, and that is certainly something where the phrase "taken for granted" is probably apt. It is probably the Deadhead in me that once to see a lot of variation each and everynight, and that doesn't always happen, and isn't always warranted. I went to see Bears of Blue River, Avi Buffalo, and Blitzen Trapper last night, and I was walking to Avi inbetween bands, and we were talking about Wilco and Solid Sound etc, and I mentioned that sometimes I wish they were more flawed, because sometimes the flaws are where its at, if you get what I'm saying, and he replied "yeah they are all business" and I kind of got that. So somewhere in between this lust for variation and improvisation and just general spectacular skill, I'll see the forest for the trees, and I'm looking forward to 2011 to see Wilco again, with hopefully some new songs, and new appreciation.

-i agree lumberjack! you said it MUCH better than i did...i put out my "so missunderstood" comments about the show & this is more in the vein (like a shot in the arm) of what i should'a said -very well put!...i dunno about you,but one thing i have to add: it was me & my wife's first outdoor wilco show & i think that added to my personal dissapointment with it along with the lack of variation/improv and setlist -outdoor shows can be great,by chance,even better -but not always & never quite the same as an indoor vibe...that said,i'm still lookin' for an aud. recording to turn up on bt.etree or dime yet,so here's to hoping for that!(keep an eye out for it)...cheers!

p.s.& oh yeah vonnegut rocked!

and don't ferget:keep an eye (and $5) out for the tote bags -kinda plain but cool nonetheless...don't know if they sold out of the "wilco,the tote" totes (like on their website)or not,but when we got up there they only had the one with the guitar/wilco logo on it...have fun!

I hate to only have 2 posts, and both about the same issue - I'm thrilled to have had Wilco play in South Bend and I hope they come back soon! In the event they don't I'd love a recording of this show - please forward the information over if anyone finds a copy. I'm fairly sure I saw a taper or two out in the crowd :)

I hate to only have 2 posts, and both about the same issue - I'm thrilled to have had Wilco play in South Bend and I hope they come back soon! In the event they don't I'd love a recording of this show - please forward the information over if anyone finds a copy. I'm fairly sure I saw a taper or two out in the crowd :)

If a source appears, you will probably see a thread about it here:

Greatest Lost Track of All Time

A lot of shows from the past year or so seem to be slow in appearing these days.

I have to say this cause it's been bugging me (I'm married to a bass player - sorry in advance)- they play Handshake Drugs on the Ashes DVD but I feel that they didn't show enough of John when the main bass line came in. During any Nels guitar solo they zoomed right in - but John was completely obscurred. Any comments?

Whoops - was meant to be attached to something else...

• 4 months later...