Now Playing: August 2010

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom%20Power-Super%20Furry%20Animals_480.jpg

I sometimes think that this might be their very finest album. But I can never be sure.

I'm a Radiator guy, myself. But that is a good one.

sam_and_dave_roulette.195112139.jpg SamDave-HoldOnImComing.jpg

I go back and forth so often. And Radiator is a frequent #1 choice. I could legitimately argue anyone of them being my favorite, though. But right now I'm most into Phantom Power, Dark Days/Light Years and Hey Venus!

dark days/light years is one of the ones i don't listen to that much. it's a bit like love kraft actually, when i put it on i end up thinking "shit, this is actually really good", but i just tend to reach for the others first. guerrilla will probably always be my number 1 though. and actually hey venus! ranks pretty highly too - that is a fantastic album!

np.

61MD3One8uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

prince rama - shadow temple

dark days/light years is one of the ones i don't listen to that much. it's a bit like love kraft actually, when i put it on i end up thinking "shit, this is actually really good", but i just tend to reach for the others first. guerrilla will probably always be my number 1 though. and actually hey venus! ranks pretty highly too - that is a fantastic album!

np.

61MD3One8uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

prince rama - shadow temple

DD/LY amazes me. I've listened to it so much since it came out. But it's still fresh every time I bring it back out. For all the talk of HV being their "stripped down" album, I think it's actually DD/LY. It's really just a bunch of simple grooves, not too much more. But it works.

Good to see some Hey Venus love. It deserves more than the reputation it has as a simple pop album. The fact that it is a simple pop album, with so much more going on in terms of vocal harmonies and whatnot, is what makes it such a tremendous album.

I can never argue against Guerilla though. I'll be revisiting that one soon, I know it.