Now Playing: August 2010

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeeMorgan.jpg

Maybe the greatest trumpet player who ever lived. His solo on Art Blakey's "Moanin'" is one of the greatest things I've ever heard -- especially those first four notes; the make my whole body clench (In a good way). And I make that Bill Cosby scrunchy face, too... completely involuntarily. So damn geat.

just arrived:

6127AC1gQ0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably my favorite Parliament album, just because it's so all-over-the-place. Love it!

51m08kbdVyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg BVCM-35117.jpg

Jackie DeShannon - Songs (been on a Jackie kick lately.)

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Sings Newman (broke down and bought all the Japanese Mini-LP CD reissues I was missing of Harry's. I have a feeling these will be in the CD player for a while.)

omni126lgcv.jpg

51LAlo5-XrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

anyone else think it's funny that hearing people talking on a live jazz album sounds unbelievably cool, but it is unbelievably annoying on a live rock, folk, pop etc... album.

41V8RCFNM4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

playin this mainly for Ain't That Peculiar - lonnie plays the organ on that bad boy too! (i can't believe nobody has ever nicked that song for movie soundtrack or advert! - the central riff in it with Benson on guitar and Lonnie on organ is incredible!)

just arrived:

6127AC1gQ0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably my favorite Parliament album, just because it's so all-over-the-place. Love it!

Last time I saw this one I got caught sleeping and passed on it, and then it sold before I went back for it a few days later. I'll have to order it, I guess.

NP:

Ty Segall

ty-segall-cd-cover-album-art.jpg

I had never heard of this guy until last week, and I got to see him live on Monday. He and his band put on a joyous and rocking show.