Now Playing: August 2010

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just arrived:

6127AC1gQ0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably my favorite Parliament album, just because it's so all-over-the-place. Love it!

Last time I saw this one I got caught sleeping and passed on it, and then it sold before I went back for it a few days later. I'll have to order it, I guess.

shouldn't be that hard to get hold of. it's definately my favourite parliament album. make sure you get the version (i think it's the one poptodd has got - judging by the pic) which includes the bonus tracks becuase then you get "fantasy is reality" as one of the bonus tracks - and that song is amazing.

also, the sister album to this (from funkadelic) - in terms of sound and variations in style - is "america eats its young" that album is fantastic too! "biological speculation" on that album is one of my fave clinton songs.

6127AC1gQ0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last time I saw this one I got caught sleeping and passed on it, and then it sold before I went back for it a few days later. I'll have to order it, I guess.

That was one of my first Parliament records. Like PopTodd, I love the eclectic nature of the record. Everything from funk and soul to twangy hillbilly music, and touches of harps and bagpipes along the way. Really great stuff!

In the 90s I picked up "First Thangs" on CD which is basically "Osmium" with bonus tracks. If you can find it grab it, or get "Osmium... Plus" which is the same thing with a different track order.

shouldn't be that hard to get hold of. it's definately my favourite parliament album. make sure you get the version (i think it's the one poptodd has got - judging by the pic) which includes the bonus tracks becuase then you get "fantasy is reality" as one of the bonus tracks - and that song is amazing.

also, the sister album to this (from funkadelic) - in terms of sound and variations in style - is "america eats its young" that album is fantastic too! "biological speculation" on that album is one of my fave clinton songs.

America Eats it's Young is another one I don't have. I'm pretty well stocked on Funkadelic albums, but pretty slim on Parliament (although I've heard many of them numerous times). I'll have to get both of those. Thanks for the info.

I'm so happy my wife discovered this guy last week.

ty-segall-melted.1.jpg

554fb27fdfd6f2a8e8db5d2d31fdd9cc.jpg

51BG-xrOKnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41rEjvfoyOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg31wtnuO1AhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Front.jpg41JAV4EJEPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also...

Mr. Bungle - California

(I can't post more than 5 images.)

Front.jpg

Starry Eyes has to be one of the best power pop songs ever.

NP:

Jackie+DeShannon+-+Laurel+Canyon.jpg

Jackie DeShannon - Laurel Canyon

FREEDESIGNBESTOF.jpg 036.jpg

The Free Design - The Best of Free Design

Randy Newman - 12 Songs