Now Playing: August 2010

Bruce Springsteen --- San Jose 10/26/1996

The Ghost of Tom Joad solo tour featured some fiercely good shows. Bruce showed incredible daring in totally reinventing himself: his look (i.e. his actual appearance), his voicing, his image (overtly political), the song arrangements. If he had continued on this path...who knows? Not that reuiniting with the E Streeters was a bad thing.

But these acoustic shows are magical...Ther performances were personal and powerful. Better than the Devils and Dust shows that hapened a decade later.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digging this. Reminds me of Talking Heads in some places.

That's an album I just can't get into...Sub-Pop has been on a great roll with their releases lately, but this one, I had to pass on. Just cannot get past the general sound of this band.

the album is pretty forgettable for sure... but it's probably still better than the last one.

that said, i saw them 2 weeks ago and they were still pretty solid live

as for Foals... i def prefer their previous album to this new one

find the new Black Mountain kind of wussy for the most part too, they've lost almost all of their sludge. some of it sounds like Wolfmother :(

find the new Black Mountain kind of wussy for the most part too, they've lost almost all of their sludge. some of it sounds like Wolfmother :(

I like it quite a bit so far but I thought the same exact thing, very much like Wolfmother.

Someone posted this one a few weeks ago, so I went ahead and ordered it before it went OOP.

Parliament+osmium+1970.jpg

I did.

It's really nothing much like any other Parliament, is it? More like Funkadelic stuff, or rather, somewhere in between the two.

What do you think of it?

I did.

It's really nothing much like any other Parliament, is it? More like Funkadelic stuff, or rather, somewhere in between the two.

What do you think of it?

You're right, it's more like Funkadelic than the other Parliament stuff I've heard, which seems to be more horn and vocal driven. I really enjoyed it, but I've only listened to it once, so I can't say where it ranks amongst their other albums.