Now Playing: August 2010

aa15.jpg

Gorgeous album. I got to talk to Jason a bit after an Admiral Radley show last weekend, and he's such a good guy. It just makes me love his music even more.

I really miss Grandaddy, but Jason's solo effort is incredible as well. Also, it's great to hear he's as great of a guy as he is a songwriter and musician. One of my absolute favorites.

currently listening to....

61tpFQgorLL._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any good?

Hit-and-miss. It's light-and-sunny pop, with just enough reverb and muscle to propel it along. People who are embedded in the Best Coast craze will probably dig it, although it's not nearly as reverb-y and Jenny's voice is 100x better than Bethany's. And the songwriting is catchier. But from a sonic perspective I could see how it'd have appeal.

I miss my country-Jenny, though. I have more thoughts on it here.

p.s. for you, if you dug Gold Motel you'd probably find stuff to like here. ;)

Hit-and-miss. It's light-and-sunny pop, with just enough reverb and muscle to propel it along. People who are embedded in the Best Coast craze will probably dig it, although it's not nearly as reverb-y and Jenny's voice is 100x better than Bethany's. And the songwriting is catchier. But from a sonic perspective I could see how it'd have appeal.

I miss my country-Jenny, though. I have more thoughts on it here.

p.s. for you, if you dug Gold Motel you'd probably find stuff to like here. ;)

Thanks. I'll probably get around to checking it out soon.