Vintage Yamaha Guitar

Hey guys,

I was out at my local vintage store the other day, and happened to eye an old acoustic guitar in the back. I figured it would be some no-name clunker, but upon turning it around I realized it was a vintage Nippon Gakki Yamaha FG-110...it looked to be in pretty okay shape, the action was a little high but the price wasn't, so I bought it on a whim figuring I could flip it for a modest price if need be.

However, I took it down to my shop the other day and they confirmed my fear; it needs a neck reset to be fully playable again. They said there are a couple of adjustments they can make to make it a bit more bearable, but the action is literally about twice as high at the 12th fret as it should be.

So the question is, would it be worth trying to make a few small changes and playing it as is, or should I just consider it a lost cause and try to make a little money off of it? I just can't justify spending almost five times what I paid for it on a neck reset, considering I mainly just want to use it as an around-the-house guitar...figured you all would have some opinion on this kind of matter.