Jeff Tweedy 08/15/2010

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want the setlist?

"The best that you can do..." - Christopher Cross. :mellow

Somewhat partial setlist taken from the same Twitter guy last night: (obviously wait for bbop to fill in the gaps.)

Sunken Treasure

Remember The Mountain Bed

Please Be Patient With Me

Muzzle Of Bees

In A Future Age

Via Chicago

The Ruling Class

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

Simple Twist Of Fate

Alone

New Madrid

Lost Love

I'm Always In Love

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Tennessee Porch Swing (w/Sir Richard Bishop)

Ingrid Bergman (w/Nick from The Books)

Look Out For My Love (w/Avi Buffalo)

Dash 7 (w/Nels Cline)

The Family Gardener (w/Scott McCaughey)

It's Just That Simple (w/John & Pat and Nels it sounds like)

Passenger Side (w/Nels on banjo)

Outtasite (Outta Mind) (w/various folks including Matt from Outrageous Cherry)

Tweedy Solid Sound Day 3.jpg

OK, just for clarification, here was the setlist for Jeff and friends as played (all with Jeff Tweedy on acoustic guitar and lead vocals, unless otherwise noted):

*Sunken Treasure

*Remember The Mountain Bed

*Please Be Patient With Me

*Muzzle of Bees

*In A Future Age

*Via Chicago

*The Ruling Class

*Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

*Simple Twist of Fate [bob Dylan]

*Shakin' Sugar (a.k.a. Alone)

*Someday Soon

*New Madrid

*Lost Love

*I'm Always In Love

*Spiders (Kidsmoke)

*Tennessee Porch Swing [sir Richard Bishop] (w/Sir Richard Bishop on acoustic guitar)

*Ingrid Bergman (w/Nick Zammuto of The Books on lead vocals)

*Look Out For My Love [Neil Young] (w/Avi Buffalo)

*Dash 7 (w/Nels Cline on lap steel)

*The Family Gardener (w/Scott McCaughey on acoustic guitar; song started and restarted)

*Someone Else's Song

*So Much Wine [The Handsome Family]

-----------------------------

*It's Just That Simple (w/John Stirratt on lead vocals and acoustic guitar, Jeff Tweedy on bass, Nels Cline on lap steel, Pat Sansone on keyboard and Greg Wieczorek on drums)

*Passenger Side (w/John Stirratt on bass, Nels Cline on banjo, Mike Jorgensen and Pat Sansone on keyboards and Greg Wieczorek on drums)

*Outta Mind (Outta Sight) (w/John Stirratt on bass, Nels Cline on banjo, Matthew Smith of Outrageous Cherry on electric guitar, Greg Wieczorek on drums and Pat Sansone and Mike Jorgensen on keyboards)

Bbop's list matches what I have written down exactly.

Nel's was playing a six string banjo that was probably tuned like a guitar. I'm pretty sure it was a banjitar, but y'all might have to check out any pictures people put up from the show.

Best tweedy solo show I've ever seen. Although I've only been to one other and the kidz stage show at lolla 08. The Neil Young cover was so good. YOU OWN IT! YOU OWN IT NOW! Definitely a once in a lifetime thing...unless they do this again next year. The recordings from this weekend should be great. I saw four rigs up at this show alone!

Yeah just gimme till tomorrow night or so.

Brennan, you are the boy wonder taper extraordinaire! Beautiful recording, and I know the rest of your work is going to be just as good. Hope you got some sleep on your way home! :sleep

So I was one of the lucky few to get a set list afterwards... couldn't help but notice that Tweedy left out a cover of Fake Plastic Trees, which was too bad bc i've seen him play this before, and it was amazing.

Also, what was everyone's thoughts on there being no encore at the end of his set? I was kinda bummed! Besides that, I was completely blown away by the whole festival, especially when I got to shake Jeff's hand at the dunk tank instead of dunking him! What an awesome weekeend!

set list.jpg

Sounds great, can't wait to hear the whole thing, and this comes from a long time taper and Old Sound Man. Which rig was yours (sorry I'm new to the forum) I was checking them out all weekend, we may have talked even.

I was the guy front center of the board for Tweedy. There was a guy in front of me to the left and a guy a little to my right. I'm using Church Audio cards and pre > Edirol R-09.

I was sitting next to the snake, in front of the guy with the stand a little in front of you. You used a stand and there was a guy to your right completely hand-held right?

I was the guy front center of the board for Tweedy. There was a guy in front of me to the left and a guy a little to my right. I'm using Church Audio cards and pre > Edirol R-09.