Jeff Tweedy 08/15/2010

Yeah ok, the snake. Let's talk left and right in terms of audience l / r, like us looking toward the stage ;) I was to the right of the snake just barely, right at the soundboard rail. Silver stand, yes.

Oh wait, try this - I was the only guy who didn't have a mic umbrella - that help? :cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ok, the snake. Let's talk left and right in terms of audience l / r, like us looking toward the stage ;) I was to the right of the snake just barely, right at the soundboard rail. Silver stand, yes.

Oh wait, try this - I was the only guy who didn't have a mic umbrella - that help? :cheers

I was pretty close to you I think, I was basically on the snake, if by snake you mean the black thing covering the wires, I was about 25-30 feet ahead of the main soundboard though.

I spent over 25 years as a soundman, I'll do house left/right or stage left/right, however you want :thumbup I was just (house)left of the snake in front of another taper (who had an umbrella).

Yea I remember you, I felt bad for you when it started to rain, been there done that, it still kills me though, what I find odd is I haven't taped in several years, and yet I still have a mic stand umbrella in my car and I had it in my hand to bring in "just in case" but put it down for some reason.

I'm pretty sure we didn't talk, before the show I was talkin' with my wife, another taper, and a couple who just got engaged at a private Tweedy show for charity.

I spent over 25 years as a soundman, I'll do house left/right or stage left/right, however you want :thumbup I was just (house)left of the snake in front of another taper (who had an umbrella).

Yea I remember you, I felt bad for you when it started to rain, been there done that, it still kills me though, what I find odd is I haven't taped in several years, and yet I still have a mic stand umbrella in my car and I had it in my hand to bring in "just in case" but put it down for some reason.

I'm pretty sure we didn't talk, before the show I was talkin' with my wife, another taper, and a couple who just got engaged at a private Tweedy show for charity.

Yeah, I gotcha, I know where you were now. It was a catch 22 sorta-problem: I had no rain protection over my mics, but the sound guy didn't want an umbrella there cause I was dead center of the board! So...great recording in exchange for possibly destroying ~$200 in mics? I'll take the risk haha ;)

I had the umbrella in-hand, but it just ended up over my bag.

Sounds great Brennan,

Nice meeting you there, hope you had a safe trip home !

I shot you an e-mail last night.

Bill

Hey Bill, great meeting you too! Yeah I meant to reply last night but I'll do so sometime today :cheers So glad everyone likes it :)

Nel's was playing a six string banjo that was probably tuned like a guitar. I'm pretty sure it was a banjitar, but y'all might have to check out any pictures people put up from the show.

Here's one that I took of Nels playing that banjo:

Nels Cline

Alone?

Wow. Been awhile for that song, right?

It was requested (as Shakin' Sugar, by Russ) at a solo benefit show this year on night 1, and Jeff had to track down a copy of it on the interwebs. He played it on night 2 and then hauled it out at Solid Sound. I'd like to offer a sincere thanks to Russ for that particular turn of events. :cheers

It was requested (as Shakin' Sugar, by Russ) at a solo benefit show this year on night 1, and Jeff had to track down a copy of it on the interwebs. He played it on night 2 and then hauled it out at Solid Sound. I'd like to offer a sincere thanks to Russ for that particular turn of events. :cheers

Russ is indeed The Man. :cheers So great and unexpected hearing that one last weekend.

Russ is indeed The Man. :cheers So great and unexpected hearing that one last weekend.

Thanks for posting the recording!

Moderator edit: Wilco/Jeff Tweedy doesn't allow videotaping of shows, so no videos can be posted on VC.

It was a great weekend, I'm looking forward to next year!

Thanks for posting the recording!

Moderator edit: Wilco/Jeff Tweedy doesn't allow videotaping of shows, so no videos can be posted on VC.

It was a great weekend, I'm looking forward to next year!

Ooops, Sorry Moderator, I'll re-read the rules. Thanks.

I can't seem to get the downloading started with this. It is the first time I've tried with my Mac. It says it may be firewalled? I've done the bit torrent and flac conversion many times but I'm not a pro by any means. Any suggestions or pointers? This recording sounds amazing, I'd love to get the entire thing.

Guest Speed Racer

Download a BT client, like uTorrent. Once you do that, when you click on the eTree torrent everything else will happen pretty automatically. If you head to the "In a Future Age" portion of Via Chicago, there's a pinned thread with a How-To Guide to Torrents.

Download a BT client, like uTorrent. Once you do that, when you click on the eTree torrent everything else will happen pretty automatically. If you head to the "In a Future Age" portion of Via Chicago, there's a pinned thread with a How-To Guide to Torrents.

Thanks a lot. uTorrent is just what I was looking for. In the process of d/l'ing the show now but it looks like it is working. Thanks again!