NCAA Football 2010

With the start of the season just a few days away, and the first of many trips down I-94 to Ann Arbor this Saturday, it is finally here . . . the long-awaited return of the mighty Michigan Wolverines to a winning season!!! I just checked Saturday's forecast and they are predicting highs in the upper 60's and abundent sunshine. I can't wait.

desmond-howard_the-pose.jpg

GO BLUE!!!! BEAT UCONN!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is, I'm not sure they can beat UConn... :hmm

edit: Oh, and I'm not sure what route you usually take, but don't get off at exit 172 (Jackson Road) and expect to get to the stadium very easily. Probably better to get off at Ann Arbor-Saline Road (exit 175) or even State (177).

Stadium Boulevard is all torn up, and currently has only one lane of traffic, westbound only, starting in front of Pioneer High School, through Pauline. It's going to be a traffic nightmare every football Saturday until they finish the project (which will be November, I believe).

We'll probably blow town on game days this year. Don't want to get caught up in all that.

Go Big 10!! ESPN says my Hawkeyes have the best opportunity to play for a championship based upon ease of schedule and quality of team. Should be an exciting year. Kirk sometimes forgets to motivate the boys to play the "easy" games. Took to FG blocks in a row to beat Northern Iowa last year.

I can't wait.

With the start of the season just a few days away, and the first of many trips down I-94 to Ann Arbor this Saturday, it is finally here . . . the long-awaited return of the mighty Michigan Wolverines to a winning season!!! I just checked Saturday's forecast and they are predicting highs in the upper 60's and abundent sunshine. I can't wait.

desmond-howard_the-pose.jpg

GO BLUE!!!! BEAT UCONN!!!!

Go Huskies!!!!!!

Rumours swirling about the interwebz suggest the Big Ten(v.12.0) will announce the division alignments tonight, and that it looks like Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Northwestern in one division and Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, IU, and Purdue in the other. Also, rumour has it that the U of M-tOSU game will continue to be the final regular season game for both schools.

While I hope THE GAME continues to be the final game of the regular season, I think something will be lost if M and tOSU are split in different divisions. Hopefully the conference honchos realize that they should keep Michigan and Ohio State together in the same division. Frankly, I still don't see why they don't do a straight East-West split: EASTERN Conference - Michigan, tUoOS, Penn State, Sparty, IU, Purdon't and WESTERN Conference - NW, Illinois, Wisky, Minny, Iowa, Nebraska.

craigrohversuspurdue_thumb.jpg

GO BLUE!!! BEAT UCONN!!!

Rumours swirling about the interwebz suggest the Big Ten(v.12.0) will announce the division alignments tonight, and that it looks like Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Northwestern in one division and Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, IU, and Purdue in the other. Also, rumour has it that the U of M-tOSU game will continue to be the final regular season game for both schools.

While I hope THE GAME continues to be the final game of the regular season, I think something will be lost if M and tOSU are split in different divisions. Hopefully the conference honchos realize that they should keep Michigan and Ohio State together in the same division. Frankly, I still don't see why they don't do a straight East-West split: EASTERN Conference - Michigan, tUoOS, Penn State, Sparty, IU, Purdon't and WESTERN Conference - NW, Illinois, Wisky, Minny, Iowa, Nebraska.

My guess is they want to avoid having a similar situation to the Big 12's right now, which is the South dominating the North for most of the decade. Of course, when the Big 12 was formed, the North was a lot stronger.

I don't think they lose anything by splitting Michigan and Ohio State up, though. I'm sure they will follow the SEC model of one traditional rivalry against a team from the other division played every year and then rotate the other 5 teams from that division. This way, they keep the game and have the opportunity to stage an enticing rematch if they both win their divisions.

The only issue may be the watered-down effect of seeing the game in consecutive weeks, if they keep it in the last week of the season.

This is just another example why I'm proud to be a fan and alum of the University of Michigan.

For those who don't want to check out the link, the older brother of one of Michigan's offensive linemen who was given a 1% chance of ever walking again after a car accident will be walking out of the tunnel and under the banner at the head of the Wolverines this Saturday. He has spent the past year rehabbing and training with the help of the strength and conditioning staff at U of M.

Go Blue!!! Go Brock!!! Beat UConn!!!

It was a good win on Saturday, and Michigan looks like a better team than last year, at least after one game.

That said, Wolverines fans need to remember that the team started 4-0 last year, then went 1-7 the rest of the season, and didn't win a single game on the road. This Saturday at Notre Dame could reveal much about the Blue's chances to improve upon last year's showing. If they can beat the Irish, I could see 8-4 as a best-case scenario for this year. If they lose, it could easily be another 5-7 disappointment.

It was a good win on Saturday, and Michigan looks like a better team than last year, at least after one game.

That said, Wolverines fans need to remember that the team started 4-0 last year, then went 1-7 the rest of the season, and didn't win a single game on the road. This Saturday at Notre Dame could reveal much about the Blue's chances to improve upon last year's showing. If they can beat the Irish, I could see 8-4 as a best-case scenario for this year. If they lose, it could easily be another 5-7 disappointment.

On the bright side for you, I can decidedly say that Michigan has a much better chance of winning the National Championship this year than my team.

:hmm

On the bright side for you, I can decidedly say that Michigan has a much better chance of winning the National Championship this year than my team.

:hmm

I suppose that 0.00000000002% is technically a "better" chance than 0.00000000000%, but it ain't gonna happen regardless.

First hand observations from a fantastic Saturday in A2:

* There must have been a momentary dust storm during the pre-game festivities because my eyes started watering when this took place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUZr-9NdOwY&feature=player_embedded

* Good Lord is Denard Robinson fast. And it was amazing watching how much his passing accuracy and pace has improved from last year. If it wasn't for the last incompletion, he would have set a Michigan Stadium record for pass completion percentage. I guess he is just going to have to settle for setting the single-game rushing record for a Michigan QB.

* Michigan didn't escape the injury jinx - Carvin Johnson's knee injury looked pretty bad, and Roy Roundtree didn't come back into the game after taking a wicked shot after a reception. My seats at the stadium are right behind the visiting band, and when they brought Johnson off the field right before halftime, he sat in one of the seats for the band as they brought the cart over to take him into the lockerroom. The look of pain on his face was heartbreaking.

* The defense looked pretty good most of the game, they gave up a lot of yards, but were pretty tough when they needed to be. Holding UCONN to only 10 points will look pretty good as the season wears on. I think UCONN is still going to be a contender in the Big East.

* I'm still predicting 8 wins for this team, even if they don't knock off the Irish this week.

GO BLUE!!! BEAT THE IRISH!!!

First hand observations from a fantastic Saturday in A2:

* There must have been a momentary dust storm during the pre-game festivities because my eyes started watering when this took place

* Good Lord is Denard Robinson fast. And it was amazing watching how much his passing accuracy and pace has improved from last year. If it wasn't for the last incompletion, he would have set a Michigan Stadium record for pass completion percentage. I guess he is just going to have to settle for setting the single-game rushing record for a Michigan QB.

* Michigan didn't escape the injury jinx - Carvin Johnson's knee injury looked pretty bad, and Roy Roundtree didn't come back into the game after taking a wicked shot after a reception. My seats at the stadium are right behind the visiting band, and when they brought Johnson off the field right before halftime, he sat in one of the seats for the band as they brought the cart over to take him into the lockerroom. The look of pain on his face was heartbreaking.

* The defense looked pretty good most of the game, they gave up a lot of yards, but were pretty tough when they needed to be. Holding UCONN to only 10 points will look pretty good as the season wears on. I think UCONN is still going to be a contender in the Big East.

* I'm still predicting 8 wins for this team, even if they don't knock off the Irish this week.

GO BLUE!!! BEAT THE IRISH!!!

Rich Rod is doing great things for Michigan. It appears that they are adopting more of a "Gotta pencil get the fook in there" philosphy when it comes to building a football program". I'm expecting they should be able to compete with the SEC in a few years.

That photo is amazing.

Now this is an amazing photo!

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-557763268-1285014208.jpg?ymAbVzDDDbR_L0Z6

The Ohio Bobcats are now my second favorite team!

edit: The mascot planned the attack!!!!

"It was actually my whole plan to tackle Brutus when I tried out to be mascot," said Brandon Hanning, formerly known as Ohio University's Rufus Bobcat. "I tried out about a year ago, and the whole reason I tried out was so I could come up here to Ohio State and tackle Brutus."

I wonder if this kid has any eligibilty left, the Wolverine defense could use someone who can tackle!

GO BLUE!!!! BEAT BOWLING GREEN!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

wow...I felt bad about how the Aggies gave one way Thursday night.

But watching Texas crap the bed last week against UCLA and watching them get owned in the first half today is REALLY painful.