2010 MLB - Playoffs and hot stove!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I thought he got his dream job with the Cardinals.

Yeah in the end he got a good gig, but he didn't want to leave and wasn't happy with the way it went down. Farmer wanted to do play by play and kind of forced the issue.

Yeah I really thought the Jeter thing was a misprint when OilCan posted that. Wow.

Yeah in the end he got a good gig, but he didn't want to leave and wasn't happy with the way it went down. Farmer wanted to do play by play and kind of forced the issue.

Yeah I really thought the Jeter thing was a misprint when OilCan posted that. Wow.

Huh. I had no idea. That sounds like what happened to Tom Paciorek (except with Hawk in that case).

I thought Sandberg said he did not want to manage in the minors, anymore.

Oh well - it was a dumb move by the Cubs.

He's basically out of major league options and it wouldn't be wise for him to sit at home and be out of the game. He hasn't actually had any major league coaching or managing experience, so, even though he's a HOFer, Sandberg still has to show dedication, especially after a setback/disappointment. I am surprised the Phils didn't name him 3B coach instead of Juan Samuel. If Sandberg was to replace Charlie Manuel in a couple years, he'd be better served working with him on a daily basis.

He's basically out of major league options and it wouldn't be wise for him to sit at home and be out of the game. He hasn't actually had any major league coaching or managing experience, so, even though he's a HOFer, Sandberg still has to show dedication, especially after a setback/disappointment. I am surprised the Phils didn't name him 3B coach instead of Juan Samuel. If Sandberg was to replace Charlie Manuel in a couple years, he'd be better served working with him on a daily basis.

Here is a nice quote from Sandberg regarding with him signing with the Phils - makes sense to me:

''I didn't think it was in the best interest for me or the Cubs or their ownership to be at the Triple-A level,'' Sandberg said. ''I didn't think it would be fair to everyone involved, including the fans and the new manager, Mike Quade, with the perception of me waiting for something to go wrong in Chicago or for the ax to fall in Chicago. I wish Mike Quade and the ownership of the Cubs the best of luck. For me, this was the perfect fit.''

Gardenhire needs to win some playoff games before winning manager of the year.

Wrong...

Gardenhire has won his division 6 of his first 9 years. He overcame some really critical injuries and got the most out of his team. The most egregious actions in the voting is people leaving Ron Washington off the ballot.

If I had a vote I would have Gardenhire #1, Washington #2 (although I can make a damn strong case for him as MotY) and Francona #3

Wrong...

Gardenhire has won his division 6 of his first 9 years. He overcame some really critical injuries and got the most out of his team. The most egregious actions in the voting is people leaving Ron Washington off the ballot.

If I had a vote I would have Gardenhire #1, Washington #2 (although I can make a damn strong case for him as MotY) and Francona #3

My only guess as to why some voters left Wash off was because the AL West was so easy to win this year.