2010 MLB - Playoffs and hot stove!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's similar to the Cubs' 8-year deal for a 31-year-old Soriano.

Idiocy abounding in MLB

Wow!

I was coming out of the bathroom and coming over to my computer to hit refresh and I came to this. I almost dropped.

I'm shocked.....(just took 4 phone calls at midnight from Sox fans/friends)...

Wow!

Red Sox sign Carl Crawford - 7 years, $142 million. Highest paid outfielder ever. That lineup should be scary-good.

Good chunk of money but BOS also unloaded some money this off-season, too. It also weakens TB (a thorn in BOS side for a bunch of years now) considerably and prevents the NYY from getting him. I like it.

Good chunk of money but BOS also unloaded some money this off-season, too. It also weakens TB (a thorn in BOS side for a bunch of years now) considerably and prevents the NYY from getting him. I like it.

I like it and totally didn't see it coming. I assumed after the Adrian Gonzalez trade that they would be tinkering around the edges and not making any more big deals.

Red Sox sign Carl Crawford - 7 years, $142 million. Highest paid outfielder ever. That lineup should be scary-good.

Maybe we can now refer the "Red Sox" nation as "The NEW evil empire".

This kind of stuff can't be good for baseball...it just can't be.

Gotta wonder whether Lee was turned off by the way the Yankees handled Jeter. Also interesting that Lee had some choice words for the Phils (happy they got beat) in the postseason, then takes way less than the Yanks or Rangers were offering to go back. Maybe he likes the Jersey Shore.

Phillies agree to sign Cliff Lee

WOW!!! Shocked big time. I really thought that he loved the team in Texas.

How in the hell did the Phillies pull off trading him to get Roy Halladay, only to resign him a year later?!!!?

Unreal. :stunned

Edit: Deal is reportedly for "almost $100 million for 5 years".

Totally surprised me too. I thought this talk of a mysterious third team was just hype.

Is it easier to change the title of a thread or start a new one? Seems like we should have a MLB 2010-2011 off-season thread ...

I'm just happy that the Yankees finally lost one of these bidding wars. It doesn't happen very often.

On the other hand, Lee-Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels is a terrifying rotation. They could run the Phillie Phanatic out there as the fifth starter and still win a hundred games next year.

Is it easier to change the title of a thread or start a new one? Seems like we should have a MLB 2010-2011 off-season thread ...

The original poster can change the title, or a mod can.

"merry cliffmas" was the philly daily news headline

"screwball" was the the ny rag headline.

My 16 year old son awoke me with news shortly after the MNF game ended.

Philly online leaked the phils could be a dark horse, but noted they'd never go for 5, not to mention 6 years.

WOW.

This flies in the face of philly's rep as being unruly/ unfriendly. Kudos to phils leadership for creating such a phan and player friendly atmosphere, I mean, how many times does a player get exiled/ traded to Seattle (apparently ALL the agents fault), courted by NY, traded to, ummm, texas, courted by NY/ TX, and then back to Philly.

merry cliffmas, indeed.