I know what you mean and I understand the criticism it is receiving; but I still really enjoyed it. While I do not agree, I enjoyed this review as well ( NOTE - SUPER _ SPOILERS ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gX8Kwdg3I&feature=relmfu

I enjoyed that review/discussion. I did like the film, but wished some of the hokier elements SPOILER ALERTS: (the "zombie" attack, the "aww, who's a cute little snake?" bit) were changed or removed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed Prometheus quite a bit, so much that I saw it a second time. Seems to be a lot of folks were hoping every question they ever had about Alien would be answered in this film, and I think their expectations weren't quite met. For me, I loved walking away with questions and ideas so I could indulge my inner sci-fi geek with my brother and talk about the film. My curious obsession has led me to lots of video reviews (like the one posted here) -- and interesting write-ups, like this one: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html.

51JgOZwDDQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is streaming on Netflix now. Pretty entertaining. My wife always asks me: How can you both love and hate Star Wars? This documentary does a pretty good job of answering that question (special editions, han shot first, jar jar binks, miti-fucking-chlorians, ...)

That was a great show - enjoy watching the repeats on one of the ESPN channels. Are you embarrassed that you are watching the show or watching it on your Kindle?

That was a great show - enjoy watching the repeats on one of the ESPN channels. Are you embarrassed that you are watching the show or watching it on your Kindle?

Not the kindle, I love watching movies on that. Not really embarrassed, but it is rather soap opera-ish.

I revisited Manhattan over Christmas and also thought that it held up surprisingly well. I think I enjoyed it more than ever.

I revisited Manhattan over Christmas and also thought that it held up surprisingly well. I think I enjoyed it more than ever.

It's a great movie. I don't remember being so creeped out by Woody's relationship with Tracy/Mariel Hemingway last time I saw it (which was a long time ago). Some of it is certainly that I was closer to 17 than 42 at the time and now the reverse is true. And I suppose knowing about Allen's personal life compounds the creepiness of it.

Dead Boss

Not bad, not bad at all, with a little cameo from Carl Barat this week in the visiting Glee Club from the men's prison. Meanwhile the ladies auditions

Searching for Carl Barat as Nigel on YouTube will find him if you're curious.

What_just_happened.jpg

My wife thought this might be an interesting film looking at the cast.

Oh My God. What a complete and utter abortion of a movie. It was as bad as the fake movie in the film.

Yeah, I watched that movie. Several months later I saw a trailer for it and thought, "Hey, I meant to see that movie, I should rent it." I did and about 10 minutes in realized I'd seen it and was utterly underwhelmed. I don't think I've ever forgotten having seen a movie before.