Oh man, you are in for a treat if you watch season 2.  Just laughably bad.  Like an old Sid and Marty Krofft TV show.  Just awful but I kept watching anyways.  

Seconded. Due to the time I've invested watching season 1, I feel some sick loyalty to see how this plays out, despite how exponentially worse it seems to get from episode to episode. An honorable mention goes to the actress playing Big Jim's wife, who has had some of the most laughably horrible moments in the series.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a few episodes of True Detective over the weekend. Pretty intense stuff. WH and MM make a good acting team.

Welcome to the machine?

Welcome to my nightmare?

Welcome to what? Speak clearly man, like your life depended on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Ida over the summer in a very large art-house that seats 1,000, but there were only about a dozen of us there.  Somehow, that empty cavern added an extra layer to the film's spare, grey, austere vibe.

Saw "Snowpiercer" and "Gone Girl" over the weekend. Excellent stuff, Ben Affleck was barely a douche and the Gone Girls haircut in the final third of the flick was legendary.

Saw "Snowpiercer" and "Gone Girl" over the weekend. Excellent stuff, Ben Affleck was barely a douche and the Gone Girls haircut in the final third of the flick was legendary.

I just saw Snowpiercer, as well. I had heard good things. I liked it ok, but did not live up to the hype, IMHO.

My wife and I have finally caught on to Dextet via netflix. It's not in my grade A tv category (the wire, breaking bad, louie, walking dead, orange is the new black) but it is a consistently interesting grade B.

We're also planning on going to see Birdman and Interstellar on the big screen. We saw The Skeleton Twins last month and I really liked it; good blend of drama and comedy.

My wife and I have finally caught on to Dextet via netflix. It's not in my grade A tv category (the wire, breaking bad, louie, walking dead, orange is the new black) but it is a consistently interesting grade B.

We're also planning on going to see Birdman and Interstellar on the big screen. We saw The Skeleton Twins last month and I really liked it; good blend of drama and comedy.

I gave up on Walking Dead after the first season - the finale was way to hokey for me. But I'm under the impression that the show has improved since then?

When I was a young boy, about 6, I had the misfortune to see Night of the Living Dead in its entirety. That event scarred me so thoroughly that I can not handle zombie movies at all so this cultural fascination with zombies the last decade or so has been a nightmare.

I gave up on Walking Dead after the first season - the finale was way to hokey for me. But I'm under the impression that the show has improved since then?

I think it gets better after the 1st season. Kinda lags at the farm, but for the most part, pretty good. I think the best way to watch the show is not to think of it as a zombie show, but a show about how different types of people handle the end of the world.

Me and the wife watched "Inside Llewyn Davis" last nite. My review is a firm 'meh". Compared to other Cohen Bros films, I was ready to bail half way thru. The Cohens have been tripping on their shoe laces the last decade or so (True Grit gets a pass).