• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I still remember the rich, unhurried qualities of the post-coital scene with his mistress, and especially the agonizing confession scene, in which we visibly see the wife's trust--no, her entire life's meaning--evaporate.

Well said. 

Watched "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" last night with my son while my daughter and wife watched that live version of Peter Pan upstairs.

From what I heard they didn't market the show at all. I ask a friend who lives over seas about the show, and he never even heard of the show. I hope if the US version beings Dennis Kelly to help finish the show off.

I was very disappointed that Channel 4 didn't renew it for a third season; I think it had decent ratings and they left the viewers hanging. The UK bean counters also let me down by canceling Nick Frost's wonderful Mr. Sloane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4iUnD_QDsU

Started "Friday Night Lights" this week.

You are in for a treat.  (Word of advice: Skip Season 2... or watch Season 2 and know that it isn't representative and the ship will be righted.)

Personal trivia: I bought a ping-pong table for my daughter because of this show.  It's worked out exactly as planned, which is awesome.

Saw "The Postman Always Rings Twice" '81 version. I wonder why they changed the ending from the book.

On Saturday nite, me and my daughter watched "The Birds".

Next up, the 1950s version of "War of the Worlds".

You are in for a treat.  (Word of advice: Skip Season 2... or watch Season 2 and know that it isn't representative and the ship will be righted.)

Finished the series tonight & really enjoyed it. I hadn't watched it because, for some reason, I didn't think I'd like it. Glad I took the plunge. I agree that season two was the weakest of the five (What was with the storyline involving Minka Kelly's character finding religion?). Overall though it's a solid series.

Turned off "Mad Max-Thunderdome" last nite about a third of the way through.....what a piece of crapola that flick is, yikes.

I was a huge fan of the Road Warrior when it came out and looked forward to Thunderdome's release. I just couldn't take how Miller "Hollywooded" the film up.....the score is/was over the top and dreadful....Tina Turner, wtf? Gibsons hair? The kids plot line? I was hugely disappointed with it. Looking forward to the reboot though, its coming out in May.