While doing extensive rose work on the walls of an enclosed courtyard today, I was Chinese tortured by having to listen to 8 hours of Sirius "Blend" on a kick ass sound system. I heard Rod Stewart sing some vaguely Celtic tune and Cher sing something through an Auto-Tune. I wondered idly whether they were both dead.

I really should receive hazard pay for this day.

m. chris, if you need me to write a letter to that effect, i will.

also: there is so much facial architecture in that album cover. oof. and: why were they not photographed together?

I know that I'll get killed for this but I don't think he has reached the level of his Faces/Gasoline Alley days. Flame away folks but his newer stuff just isn't as good.

Last great Rod Stewart album: Never A Dull Moment, 1972. He's had a moment or two since then, but overall, I agree with Greil Marcus.

I know that I'll get killed for this but I don't think he has reached the level of his Faces/Gasoline Alley days. Flame away folks but his newer stuff just isn't as good.

why would you possibly think you'd get killed for that? that's as obvious as saying the sun rises in the east.

What isn't fucked up about that cd cover. You got what appears to be a random picture of Rod pasted from TMZ's website and a Cher/Carmen Sandiego pic, both of which encased in that classy dollar store picture frame look, the title, the wording, hell even the font screams cheesy. This is a Cracker Barrel cd if I've ever seen one.

He does not even record those duets with the person in the same room.

It's a shame he is stuck doing those albums. But, I don't even think he had a record contract in this country until the first one of those cover album he did.

What isn't fucked up about that cd cover. You got what appears to be a random picture of Rod pasted from TMZ's website and a Cher/Carmen Sandiego pic, both of which encased in that classy dollar store picture frame look, the title, the wording, hell even the font screams cheesy. This is a Cracker Barrel cd if I've ever seen one.

I know there is nothing more boring than having to hear about someone else's dream but the night after I made the post above I have a dream that I'm at work and get a call from Rod Stewart and he's blasting me for the content of my post and telling me I don't know the record industry. If thats not weird enough I remember "dream me" thinking does Rod Stewart frequent Via Chicago? I guess no more bad mouthin Rod(the sandman) Stewart.

i've always loved Vagabond Heart from 1991 (IMO, his best album), but havent been interested in anything he's done since then

I know there is nothing more boring than having to hear about someone else's dream but the night after I made the post above I have a dream that I'm at work and get a call from Rod Stewart and he's blasting me for the content of my post and telling me I don't know the record industry. If thats not weird enough I remember "dream me" thinking does Rod Stewart frequent Via Chicago? I guess no more bad mouthin Rod(the sandman) Stewart.

I guess this is my fault. Sorry.

gilliamholygrail2.jpg

"Autotune is hateful in Mine eyes and I shall smite the living dung out of any and all who useth this Abomination, as I did with the goat-lovers of Sodom."