And yet, it is so rarely fun to hear people talk about themselves.

If you have no interest, please do all of us a favor and keep your negative commentary out of this thread. Yeah, this started as something of a self promo

if I start a thread on this board, I don't get to control the content. the mods can block and censor downright hateful or otherwise inappropriate content (it's usually such attempts at control that really bring out the downright hateful and inappropriate content, but that's another thread), but that's about it. cryptique has every right to post his thoughts and opinions about musicians talking about themselves in a thread that was started by a musician to promote himself talking about himself. I understand that you see it as negative, because it disagrees with how you'd like the thread to play out, but that's just a risk one takes around here.

Yeah, this started as something of a self promo

"something"? This thread started SOLELY as "hey look everyone, an interview with me!"

YEah. You are right. And, it's not going to be anything else, I suppose.

Mods: Please delete thread.

Thanks.

And sorry to the board.

Best thread I never read...

Mods: perhaps we need another sub forum that deals specifically with non-wilco musical or artistic pursuits...I would frequent it and imagine that would lessen the issues with certain posts here...j

Best thread I never read...

Mods: perhaps we need another sub forum that deals specifically with non-wilco musical or artistic pursuits...I would frequent it and imagine that would lessen the issues with certain posts here...j

This thread seems to work pretty well: http://forums.viachi...or-vcers-music/. I find the balance of promotion/criticism of said promotion to be pretty balanced around here. Outside of the central depository thread as I am concerned people are allowed to plug albums or gigs outside of that thread within reason (i.e. within an additional thread or two primarily focused on that band), but be wary not everyone is going to be enthusiastic about it. As long as the criticism doesn't get particularly personal or harmful I don't think we have any business stepping in to censor it, and as long we aren't getting four threads a week about your band's new single I don't think promotion is a problem. Most of this thread was well edited by those involved before I got to read it. But it certainly seems like a a difference of a opinion that solved itself.

--Mike