FACEBOOK IS DOWN!!!!

If it is your birthday, I am sorry I have not wished you a happy birthday because facebook is the only way I know when someone's birthday is.

If it is your birthday, I am sorry I have not wished you a happy birthday because facebook is the only way I know when someone's birthday is.

It's back up. Now I can go back to not using it.

Guest Speed Racer

I would love to see the reaction of people if fb never came back. I would laugh my ass off. There are so many people whose world revolve around that shit. It's kinda sad really.

"Love." Huh. Such a passion to see others inconvenienced; how do you gain from the love of another's pain, I wonder?

Facebook is obviously what you make of it and what you put into it.

I use it to mostly network and keep in touch with people that I went to school with all the way back to kindergarten.

It's quite nice to keep in touch with people this way and to have the possibility of making plans with these people to meet them in the flesh.

Now on the other hand it is quite foolish to post everything and every little detail that you do that lets people break into your house and/or stalk you.

And not to mention the fact that potential employers have a free pass at not hiring a detective on your past which is told in words and photos.

If the pain involves not knowing that someone is "going to the super market now" or "about to get off of work" then I'm not sure that's a real inconvenience. Not to mention, I love a lot of things and not all the same level or degree of emotion.

Now that I think about it, I can't believe i'm even responding to that horseshit.

Guest Speed Racer

I can't believe i'm even responding to that horseshit.

But you do, every time.

Saying you don't like Facebook on principle is like saying you don't like phonebooks because some of the people in there have stupid conversations with each other, or themselves, sometimes.

Saying you don't like Facebook on principle is like saying you don't like phonebooks because some of the people in there have stupid conversations with each other, or themselves, sometimes.

And then there's this place and others like it....

I don't see much difference in terms of what is being said that is either "important" or "random" on here or Facebook.

I would love to see the reaction of people if fb never came back. I would laugh my ass off. There are so many people whose world revolve around that shit. It's kinda sad really.

Feeling superior to others makes the world go round

Indeed, it is ironic for someone here to look down upon ppl who hang out at other social media outlets....

The irony gets really rich and thick around here at times

Facebook is obviously what you make of it and what you put into it.

I use it to mostly network and keep in touch with people that I went to school with all the way back to kindergarten.

It's quite nice to keep in touch with people this way and to have the possibility of making plans with these people to meet them in the flesh.

Now on the other hand it is quite foolish to post everything and every little detail that you do that lets people break into your house and/or stalk you.

And not to mention the fact that potential employers have a free pass at not hiring a detective on your past which is told in words and photos.

good words.

there are certain aspects that i don't particularly care for, but then i think about the friends and family i have been able to reconnect with using this tool, and i think that it has a justified existence. that's exactly what it is: a tool.

a gun is a tool, too, btw.

and, apparently, so too are some posters on this here thread. :ninja