Next Wilco Album

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

"Born to Run" didn't define the '70s. "Moonlight Feels Right" by Starbuck did.

• 2 weeks later...

ive read a lot of the posts and agree with some.i think going from a ghost is born to sky blue sky as a pretty big step in a different direction.but the wta was a dissapoinment to me because it sounded like a typical rock album,granted tweedys lyrics will make any song worth listening to a million times.the lack of demos makes me curious on how much they tried different techniques to the songs,or maybe i dont have them.but yes summerteeth and yhf are the a couple of the best albums ever made.reading this quote actually made me laugh out loud for real, i dont really laugh.-Tweedy: I don't think that there's anything experimental about adding noise to rock music - the data is in, and it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Have there been any new songs played (either as full band or Tweedy solo) since the last record came out? I didn't follow the setlists as closely last year, but I don't recall hearing anything about a new track - other than You're Not Alone or the Broken Arrow cover. Just hoping I didn't miss anything.

Have there been any new songs played (either as full band or Tweedy solo) since the last record came out? I didn't follow the setlists as closely last year, but I don't recall hearing anything about a new track - other than You're Not Alone or the Broken Arrow cover. Just hoping I didn't miss anything.

Nope. Nothing new yet...

• 3 weeks later...

That's some pretty specific information, from impeccable sources, so my bet is that it's accurate. I guess I can wait for late summer, but I was hoping a new record would be out before then, so there'd be new music to be familiar with before Solid Sound. Well, at least they will very likely be playing some new stuff for us during the late spring-early summer shows.

Oh yeah, and thank you, realrival!

You updating your resume and planning a move to Mass.?

I wish I had the guts. I know nothing about the industry and make too much in my current job but a body can dream can't they?

The grass is always greener I'm sure but it sure sounds more interesting than what I do.

I figure they really want to sell some records, but I can imagine a type of Wilco record; something like More Like the Moon and some of the stuff from the Wilco Book. Messier, less hi fi, more spontaneous sounding. I want Robert Pollard to produce a Wilco record.

Personally, I have no idea what kind of songs Jeff is writing these days. If you do, well then, help us out with some inside info.

I think if Nels and Glen had their experimental leashes let out a bit, Lanois could yield some interesting results. Ditto if they go more of a folk/country route. If it's to be an abrasive rocker of a record I agree he might not fit the bill. The guy from Califone (what's he called again?) might wrangle something cool out of them.

George Martin is still alive.

I'd rather see T-Bone Burnett do it than Jeff Lynne.

All that said, they're doing it at their own pace (i.e. slowly) at their own space (i.e. the loft) and for their own label(what's it called again?)which means we can pretty much count on it being self-produced.

Unless they've invited Jim O'Rourke back into the fold:)