2010-2011 NHL Season

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wait for the playoffs to start is unbearable.

Oh be quiet and enjoy your first ever President's Trophy.

Will the Blackhawks make it? And if they do, will they continue to own the Nucks?

Will Joe Thornton ever show up in the post-season?

Will Niemi become the first goalie (I have no idea if that's true) to win back-to-back Cups with different teams?

Is there any team in the East that can compete with the West?

I'm just hoping the Canucks manage to get all of their top d-men back. I'm pretty sure that they haven't had all top 6 d-men playing at the same time this entire season. Overall though, our goaltending has been fantastic and we're rolling all 4 lines...I think there's good cause for fear!!

How do Canuck fans feel since they're playing the Blackhawks again? The Hawks have knocked them out of the playoffs a few years in a row now. Also, Luongo has never taken a team to the second round of the playoffs. He's a great goalie though. I'm curious what the feels are around Vancouver.

How do Canuck fans feel since they're playing the Blackhawks again? The Hawks have knocked them out of the playoffs a few years in a row now. Also, Luongo has never taken a team to the second round of the playoffs. He's a great goalie though. I'm curious what the feels are around Vancouver.

I'd be interested to hear that, too. NHL Live recently interviewed one of their journalists or commentators who said the fan base is really tense.

To clarify: Luongo has led Vancouver to the second round every time they've made the playoffs (07, 09,10) and Chicago has beaten them 2 years in a row in the second round.

Everyone seems to be super excited. I think people feel like the Canucks are a stronger team this year and that we can really take Chicago out. There's definitely a lot of "revenge" talk in the local media when talking about how fans feel about the Blackhawks, but when talking with the players it's not in the forefront of their minds. They seem confident and not wholly concerned that it's the Blackhawks who they are playing in the first round. Or at least that's what they're putting out there.

Overall, even though it's the Blackhawks, I think the atmosphere around the city is filled with more excitement/anticipation than anything else.

Go Canucks Go!!!

I just found out I'm going to game 3 in Chicago, Sunday. Very psyched.

I've always wanted to wear a North Stars Ciccerelli sweater at a Blackhawks game to see if I could inspire a "DINO SUCKS!" chant. Perhaps Sunday is that day.

No way man, not in the playoffs. Nobody's gonna care in the playoffs, unless it's a Chicago route.

That is a sweet idea though. Love the old stars jerseys. Maybe wear it when the Hawks play the Stars next year? That might work.

No way man, not in the playoffs. Nobody's gonna care in the playoffs, unless it's a Chicago route.

That is a sweet idea though. Love the old stars jerseys. Maybe wear it when the Hawks play the Stars next year? That might work.

I was mostly kidding. I love running into the older fans who remember the DINO SUCKS! chants. There used to be a gas company, Sinclair (not sure they're still around) that had a brontosaurus-looking dinosaur mascot. I remember images of Hawks fans hanging the inflatable Sinclair dinosaur in effigy while chanting Dino Sucks!

Sharks come back last night from down 4-0 to win 6-5 in OT -- one of the most exciting games I've ever seen.

The old Sharks would have given up; hopefully this is a sign of something different happening this year.

It will be hostile in Vancouver on Tuesday but the Hawks have the momentum. Hopefully i can watch it. should be a classic game.

Meanwhile, sad that the Ducks lost since I am a Perry fan but the Predators deserved the series win, good defense all around, clutch goals.

Flyers vs Sabres - predicted a 7 game series. I think Buffalo's chance to win series was Sunday, they blew it. Miller has been inconsistent. two 1-0 victories, then 4-5 goals in other games. Philly has TERRIBLE goaltending but they are getting by, with Pronger back, game in Philly, momentum from OT win, Philly wins.

I am a Hawks fan. But still, I would have no problem with the Canucks winning, as long as they can win the Cup.

They're like the Cubs of the NHL, but with even-more-rabid fans.

Guest Jules

my god! i've never been so tense for a hockey game before!! Vancouver dominated the Blackhawks, but lost the OT goal :dontgetit Should be an exciting game on tuesday! :dancing

You must have been watching a different game.

or maybe only the 3rd period and OT.

Vancouver controlled the play in those two periods - Blackhawks seemed to be focused on getting it out of the defensive zone only.

I want to know why Luongo belly-flopped on his last save. He was fighting the puck during OT. I think he only had to make 2 saves in the 3rd.

I think game 7 is going to be Toews vs Kesler. ZERO goals between the two so far.

id like to Canucks to win but the Hawks have showed/proved they are the defending Cup Champions. They are inside the Canucks' heads.

I was picking the Canucks to win the West but after watching the Wings-Predators series, those teams are playing good defense. Even though Rinne has been spotty, he is still a feared goalie in playoffs. Unlike any goalie on the Flyers....

and yes, agree with Winston about Kesler v Toews. Whichever team loses and those two are sans goal for series, you almost have to point a finger at either skater. unreal that they haven't tallied a score.

Guest Jules

or maybe only the 3rd period and OT.

Vancouver controlled the play in those two periods - Blackhawks seemed to be focused on getting it out of the defensive zone only.

Agreed.

Looking ahead:

Game 7 between Blackhawks and Canucks will be a blowout. If Canucks lose, Luongo will forever be soul-shattered and will never win a major NHL award, including the Cup. The winner will make it to at least the Western Conference Finals.

Sharks/Kings - nobody cares because whoever wins this series will lose in the next round.

Wings: The rest of the West will be pissed at Phoenix for getting swept. Wings will be well-rested and will win the next series to be in the Western Conference Finals. They're too experienced to "lose momentum" into the next round.

Predators: Good news: you won your first playoff series ever. Bad news: you will not win your second playoff series ever this year.

Penguins will win the series against Tampa Bay (Why are all Tampa teams named after the body of water and not the city itself?) but lose in the next round.

Boston will prevail against Montreal. (Why did the playoffs scheduler make games 6 and 7 back-to-back?)

Philly will win against Buffalo, because all Pronger does is will whatever team he's on to the Finals. (See Flyers, Oilers, Ducks. Don't see Blues or Whalers - they don't count)

Conference Finals:

West: Wings vs Canucks or Blackhawks.

East: Boston vs Caps