2010-2011 NHL Season

I don't know if I'm ready to give it to Boston... I didn't watch the whole game, but the parts I saw I thought TB were outplaying them pretty handily, just couldn't get the pucks in the net (in a few cases due to TT's heroics). But I think TB still has a shot.

Vancouver/SJ... yeah, I'm not feeling like a big comeback is in the cards for my beloved Sharks. Hopefully, they'll prove me wrong -- or, at the very least play 60 full minutes and go out with dignity.

I thought the Sharks would match up really well against the Canucks, especially the checking lines. It was only a time that the Sedins started clicking though. The Sharks have to stay out of the penalty box. Maybe the Red Wings series was too taxing on the Sharks?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'm ready to give it to Boston... I didn't watch the whole game, but the parts I saw I thought TB were outplaying them pretty handily, just couldn't get the pucks in the net (in a few cases due to TT's heroics). But I think TB still has a shot.

Ditto, and this as a B's fan. TB has outshot the Bruins throughout the series but has shit the bed where they were supposed to shine (power plays). So has Boston , but that's standard procedure for them. I think Thomas is going to be really hard to get past for two straight games for TB, though, but they most certainly have a shot. Game 4 was a fluke for him, in a sense....

shit the bed

I never get tired of that phrase. I usually only hear it from hockey fans too.

In other news: Rafalski is going to announce his retirement tomorrow. That'll be a nice $6.2m off of Detroit's cap that they can apply to a younger D-man. Rafalski was decent, but overpaid, frequently hurt, and weak defensively. Decent offensive numbers from him though. Wings will probably make an offer to Weber, which the Preds will certainly match, and then they'll probably look to Bieksa or Ehrhoff.

I thought the Sharks would match up really well against the Canucks, especially the checking lines. It was only a time that the Sedins started clicking though. The Sharks have to stay out of the penalty box. Maybe the Red Wings series was too taxing on the Sharks?

I think it's more a case of rolling 3 lines almost the entire season and having that catch up with them now. They actually got some quality minutes from their 4th liners in the last 2 games, but the rest of the team just dies come the 3rd period... they haven't played a decent third since early in the Detroit series.

And yeah, dumb penalties killed them last game... but that's often a sign of a disjointed team struggling to keep up.

Nice to see all the hockey love on here. I think it's easily the most exciting sport today. When it is played at its highest level, and you have a team in the hunt, it's almost excruciating to watch it's so exciting. I've watched maybe 20 playoff games this year without the 'hawks, and they are crazy delicious.

And my team? Any team but VAN.

Wow! What a crazy game tonight. I think San Jose definitely put their best game on the ice tonight, but the Canucks got that amazing bounce in the 2nd OT. I was watching the game downtown on a big screen outside the CBC building. I think there must have been several thousand people at that spot and it was electric. When Kesler got that goal with 14 seconds left in the 3rd the entire city erupted! And then Bieksa the Beast gets the game winning goal and everyone goes insane.

I'm so excited to see who they play in the Stanley Cup Finals. Can't wait!!!

:rock :w00t :lol :yay :rock :w00t :cheers :dancing :dancing :dancing

Crappy way to end it on a fluky bounce, but that's the game. (Good thing Versus found that angle showing what happened with the puck -- I was getting really pissed when they made it sound like the refs blew yet another call and were just going to let it go). But the icing call at the end of regulation... :realmad

Regardless, I'm glad SJ didn't roll over; proud of this team & they deserved to win as much as Vancouver did. Congrats to the Canucks, though -- beat those mf-ers out east, whoever it turns out to be.

Crappy way to end it on a fluky bounce, but that's the game. (Good thing Versus found that angle showing what happened with the puck -- I was getting really pissed when they made it sound like the refs blew yet another call and were just going to let it go). But the icing call at the end of regulation... :realmad

Regardless, I'm glad SJ didn't roll over; proud of this team & they deserved to win as much as Vancouver did. Congrats to the Canucks, though -- beat those mf-ers out east, whoever it turns out to be.

Marleau should be kicking himself after dumping the puck towards the end of regulation - with an empty net ahead of him. He didn't even look up to notice that the net was empty, and he had a chance at sealing it.

The Cam Neely Grudge Series starts tonight.

Most seem to think Boston doesn't have a prayer, but I think any time you have a Vezina and Norris candidate (Thomas will win his, Chara won't) on the same team, as Boston does, it gives them more than a fighting chance.

Interesting fact: The last team that won the Stanley Cup without having home-ice advantage in the finals was Detroit in 1997. That's quite a run for the home team.

Wooo!!!! I thought that was going to go to a few OTs at least. Glad Van won though, they were the better team. I stand by my Canucks in 5 prediction. Hopefully both goalies cool down a bit and we can get some higher scoring games.

Fun fact: Winner of game 1 has gone on to win the Stanley Cup 77.5% of the time.

Another fun fact: A home team that wins game 1, wins Stanley Cup 86.4% of the time.

And my team? Any team but VAN.

Why you gotta hate, bro?

And because they're a bunch of biting bitches.

Yikes, that was ridiculous. Hopefully a suspension is coming for Burrows.

It just reminds me of the scrum from a couple years back between the Hawks and Canucks when Burrows' method of "fighting" was to yank Duncan Keith's head to the ice by his hair only.

Ever since I saw that, I've had zero respect for this clown and have referred to him as the "Hair-Pulling Fairy."

He's now the "Biting, Hair-Pulling Fairy."

A classless act.

Uh, Bergeron put his hand in Burrows mouth and he never bit, which is why he was cleared. Honestly, all that's happened is Bergeron made himself look like a fool.

Can't wait to watch that 'hair pulling fairy' lift the cup. ;)

There is no question that Burrows bit Bergeron's finger, whether he put it in Burrows's mouth or not. If you've seen the video and don't think Burrows bit him, either you're a hopeless Vancouver homer or you've been lobotomized. The NHL didn't say he didn't bite, they said "After reviewing the incident including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron," which means "Yeah, he bit him, but it's not enough for us to suspend him in the playoffs."

If you want to call that a bite, then go ahead, I'm pretty sure if anyone was being pushed and shoved, and then had a finger put in their mouth, the normal reaction would be to bite down. What else are you suppose to do? Calling him a "bitiing hair pulling fairy" just reeks of being a sore loser. The sad part is, you would all LOVE Burrows on your team. A 30+ goal scorer, one of the top PKer in the league, who's a total team player. He's a total complete player.

Quit trying to turn the Canucks into villains. The Canuck fans aren't doing that to the Bruins. Face it, you couldn't pick two better franchises to be in the finals, both fanbases deserve cups. It's not like Phoenix squeaked in with their 10 dollar, lower bowl tickets, and minimal fan support. These are two of the best franchises in sports, so enjoy the games.

I didn't call Burrows a hair pulling fairy, and I'm not trying to make anyone a villain. I did reference one incident in last night's game which I thought was worthy of discussion.

I'm also not a Bruins fan, and I thought most of last night's game was great. Would have preferred the winning goal to have been scored on a play that wasn't offside, though.