Best and/or favorite guest appearances

Lucinda Williams dueting with Steve Earle on "You're Still Standing There" (I think it is called.)

EmmyLou Harris dueting with everyone....

LouieB

This.

And Alejandro Escovedo's verse in Whiskeytown's "Excuse Me If I Break My Own Heart Tonight." Classic.

The Incredible Lance Diamond on Goo Goo Doll's cover of "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man"

Know where I could hear this?

It's on their Hold Me Up record. I was looking for it at YouTube, but there's nothing there.

I'll see if I can dig it up for you somewhere else.

EDIT:

Here is at least a sample, for the time being:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://s0.ilike.com/play%23Goo%2BGoo%2BDolls:Never%2BTake%2BThe%2BPlace%2BOf%2BYour%2BMan:259764:m5364531&sa=X&ei=CHmsTMfAJoH88Aakt_mrCA&ved=0CBMQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNFOWdRKfQidhA5CaozXHuaEJkTGZg

I'll add another one:

Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime, with Eno on backing vocals.

Eno's singing gives this song a character that I don't think they would have achieved if someone in the band, or some random session singer sang Eno's part.

eno is on all the albums he produced with them, isn't he?

i can't think of any answers to this thread at the moment. oh, actually, here's a good one - paul mccartney munching vegetables of "vegetables" by the beach boys - and then doing the same thing again for "receptacle for the respectable" by the super furry animals!

Fred Schneider on

"The Power of Pussy" by Bongwater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzT_BMB5ZRM

Truly inspired.

(sorry for the skipping. not sure who made this one and work won't let me access the other video on YouTube. And, I don't want to post it if it's really nasty.)

A number of years ago The Smithereens had an album called A Date with the Smithereens. Lou Reed played guitar on two of the tracks. I read an interview around the time where Reed said something like, hey, I'm not a huge fan of these guys and I'm not a great guitar player but they asked me to do it so I said yes. I'm sure The Smithereens were thrilled with that one.

my 2nd favourite CSN song (after Southern Cross).. Nash even praised that pedal steel part

I can't stand to hear that song, the same way I can't stand to hear Stairway To Heaven, or Freebird. But, I have always liked Jerry's part. I have often read that he did not think much of it.

Elvis Costello's backing vocals on "Tempted" by Squeeze

Bonnie Raitt on "Angel From Montgomery" by John Prine

everyone on Mike Watts Ball Hog or Tugboat

Cash on Girl From the North Country

Elvis Costello with Los Lobos --- Matter of Time

Lucinda Williams with Elvis Costello --- There's a Story in your voice

Busta Rhymes on A Tribe Called Quest's 'Scenario' - maybe the best verse in hip-hop evers.

Yes Sur! :thumbup I was thinking the same thing.

RRRRRROAW RRRRRRROAW like a dungeon dragon

Change your little drawers cause your pants are saggin

Yes Sur! :thumbup I was thinking the same thing.

RRRRRROAW RRRRRRROAW like a dungeon dragon

Change your little drawers cause your pants are saggin

:thumbup

I made this a long time ago and recovered it recently when I saved stuff off an old hard drive. Not much an audience for it these days, but I think you might dig it:

bustanut.png