2010-2011 NFL Season

Guest you smell like shit

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not "really" $78M. I'm reading only ~$10M is guaranteed and the Redskins have 2 different out clauses. The timing is really strange, but apparently it had been on the table for a month.

Sad, Stupid, Sick...

Mom says 8-year-old son attacked after Browns game by rowdy fan

CLEVELAND - When one Cleveland-area mom found out her son wanted to go to the Browns-Jets game Sunday, she was a little nervous. Especially, since her husband, who was born in New York, and their 8-year-old son are Jets fans.

“Kids are off limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never,” Danielle said. Danielle, who didn’t want us using her last name, said things inside the game were great for her husband and son, but outside it got rowdy.

“Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them,” Danielle said. She said the worst of it was in the Muni Lot, as they were walking to the car to leave.

“As he was walking, holding my son’s hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad’s hand. He was on the ground crying,” Danielle said.

She said the little boy’s ankle was scraped and bruised. The dad didn’t call police, opting to leave instead.

“He just wanted to get him out of there, out of that environment,” Danielle said.

Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the incident unfortunate and disappointing, and said team officials are looking into the situation.

"One thing Browns President Mike Holmgren said when he got here was home field advantage and a fan friendly environment is very important," Gulkis said.

Gulkis said fans are reminded during games they can text security inside the stadium for immediate help with disorderly fans. That text number is posted on the scoreboard during the game.

Danielle decided since she couldn’t confront the angry fans herself, she would write a letter to the editor of the Plain Dealer.

“I just wanted that person to read it and know that he really ruined a good game, a fun game. It was a great game and ruined it for a little boy. It doesn’t matter if he was a Browns fan or a Jets fan, he was a little boy,” Danielle said.

Though the boy’s injuries were minor, the incident left a lasting impression.

“My husband asked him, ‘Did you have a good time?’ He said ‘Yes.” He said ‘Would you want to go back sometime?’ And he said ‘No, I don’t like Browns Stadium.’ Who could blame him?” Danielle said.

The Muni Lot is operated by the City of Cleveland. Cleveland parks and recreation director Michael Cox told NewsChannel5 rowdy fan behavior, like this incident, is one of the reasons the lot no longer opens at 4 a.m. on game days. The city has been adding extra security to the lot because of some rowdy fans.

Definitely, but NFL games are not places for kids.

This is sad, stupid, sick.

Not that you said it but that people have come to believe that this is valid.I'm not sure I whole-heartily agree with you, but the fact that it's a common perception (which ultimately helps propel the problem, imo) is sad, stupid, and sick.

I can only hope the Giants add Michael Vick to the list of QBs they've maimed this year, but the guy may well be unstoppable. If this game was at the Meadowlands, I would have pictures of his dogs flash on the scoreboard screens whenever Philly was on offense.

The Vikings are just not a good football team. Watching their pass defense against the Packers is downright depressing. I agree with Aikman who said, "I don't care how many interceptions he's thrown, Brett Favre gives the Vikings a better chance of winning than Tavaris Jackson." It's just not a very good chance either way.

• 2 weeks later...