Jeff East Coast solo shows

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. Jeff at bowery ballroom and I have tix for yo la tengo at maxwells that night? I am sleeping right? This is not happening. Phew for a minute there I got worried.

Yep. Any minute now. Waking up annnnnny minute now.

The first thing I went to do when I woke up this morning was go to set calendar alerts for the pre-sales - but now all mention of the shows are gone from wilcoworld.net (save for a scrolling news item that takes you nowhere).

Did anyone make a note of the days/times for the pre-sales? I'm pretty sure the Bowery show was 10/27 (and I'm guessing 10:00 am). Thanks.

UPDATE:

I found the pre-sale dates (thanks to babystew.com) - anyone remember the times?

Sat., 12/4: New York, NY (Bowery Ballroom)

Two ticket limit; pre-sale starts Wed. 10/27 via Front Gate Tickets; regular onsale Fri. 10/29

Mon., 12/6: Tarrytown, NY (Music Hall)

Pre-sale starts Mon. 10/25 via Front Gate Tickets; regular onsale Fri. 10/29

Wed., 12/8: Charlottesville, VA (Paramount Theater)

Pre-sale starts Wed. 10/27 via Front Gate Tickets; regular onsale Fri. 10/29

How do we do the presale? Just sign up for e-mails at http://www.frontgatetickets.com/ or what?

I think you need to sign up at Jeff's section of Frontgate Tickets. There isn't a link to it right at the moment, but I'm sure Wilcoworld will update the page and we will be given a proper link, so stay tuned. :thumbup

This is Wilco's link: I don't know what Jeff's is.

http://wilco.frontgatetickets.com/signup.php

wait... why are tickets 45 dollars and the show is 21+? did i miss something about like becoming an asshole to fans or something?

How much longer until you're 21?

I think you need to sign up at Jeff's section of Frontgate Tickets. There isn't a link to it right at the moment, but I'm sure Wilcoworld will update the page and we will be given a proper link, so stay tuned. :thumbup

This is Wilco's link: I don't know what Jeff's is.

http://wilco.frontgatetickets.com/signup.php

How much longer until you're 21?

i'm 19 now, i've seen wilco the band 6 times i think and jeff solo twice. bowery ballroom is almost always 18+. seems to me like there was a decision made to make it 21+ although i don't know the process. also i dont think i've ever paid more than 40-45 dollars to see wilco, let alone at a small venue like bowery, it's just confusing to me that a jeff solo show would cost 45+ fees. i always thought of wilco as a band that went out of their way to be super respectful to their fans (see solid sound festival) and to not be wasteful and greedy and stuff, and i know i'm asking a lot, i know i've seen wilco twice this year and jeff once this year already and i'm being spoiled, but the show details are disheartening to say the least. i honestly thought that i wouldn't have to worry about age limits anymore once i turned 18 and got a fake ID but i would kind of feel like an idiot paying 50-something dollars to show up at the door of bowery ballroom and get turned around w/o a refund. this whole thing just seems like a reactionary move - you know maybe jeff and wilco are like gonna start touring less and will need to charge more per show in order to support themselves, or maybe there's something extravagant planned for these solo shows that's worth 45 dollars, but i personally think it violates a compact that's been building between wilco and its fans and that's also been self-advertised by wilco (see ashes of american flags dvd). anyway. maybe jeff will open for yo la tengo the night before cause i have tickets for that, but regardless it will be bittersweet because i think for the first time in my life jeff has let me down and my unequivocal love for wilco has always been based on the fact that they haven't ever and won't ever let me down

okay thanks for reading

Guest kechefs

i'm 19 now, i've seen wilco the band 6 times i think and jeff solo twice. bowery ballroom is almost always 18+. seems to me like there was a decision made to make it 21+ although i don't know the process. also i dont think i've ever paid more than 40-45 dollars to see wilco, let alone at a small venue like bowery, it's just confusing to me that a jeff solo show would cost 45+ fees. i always thought of wilco as a band that went out of their way to be super respectful to their fans (see solid sound festival) and to not be wasteful and greedy and stuff, and i know i'm asking a lot, i know i've seen wilco twice this year and jeff once this year already and i'm being spoiled, but the show details are disheartening to say the least. i honestly thought that i wouldn't have to worry about age limits anymore once i turned 18 and got a fake ID but i would kind of feel like an idiot paying 50-something dollars to show up at the door of bowery ballroom and get turned around w/o a refund. this whole thing just seems like a reactionary move - you know maybe jeff and wilco are like gonna start touring less and will need to charge more per show in order to support themselves, or maybe there's something extravagant planned for these solo shows that's worth 45 dollars, but i personally think it violates a compact that's been building between wilco and its fans and that's also been self-advertised by wilco (see ashes of american flags dvd). anyway. maybe jeff will open for yo la tengo the night before cause i have tickets for that, but regardless it will be bittersweet because i think for the first time in my life jeff has let me down and my unequivocal love for wilco has always been based on the fact that they haven't ever and won't ever let me down

okay thanks for reading

Are you serious? Jeff has let you down!A compact what world do you live in? Jeff Tweedy has provided us with some of the best music of the last 10 years. Roger Waters charges $200 to $250 to see him fake the wall and you are worried about Jeff letting you down for $45 dollars for a night of great music. A movie is $15 dollars a pop, baseball tickets are $100 and a book is $25 grow up and either pony up the $45 or stop your whining. Jeff has let me down thats rich- rofl

Are you serious? Jeff has let you down!A compact what world do you live in? Jeff Tweedy has provided us with some of the best music of the last 10 years. Roger Waters charges $200 to $250 to see him fake the wall and you are worried about Jeff letting you down for $45 dollars for a night of great music. A movie is $15 dollars a pop, baseball tickets are $100 and a book is $25 grow up and either pony up the $45 or stop your whining. Jeff has let me down thats rich- rofl

i agree $45 for a small venue is a fair price. I am always willing to pay more for a small intimate show rather then a large arena or shed. Hell average in the Dallas area for any indy act in a night club is $35 anyway. Pay the price and just don't buy any concessions if you gotta stay under 50 bucks! :dontgetit

i respect the kid's opinion and i respect your choice to blast it.

Once Wilco got publicity over the record/label dispute when YHF, I knew I wasnt going to be paying 20 dollars anymore to see Wilco or Jeff live. Obviously as the band evolves and becomes more successful ie gaining fans, musical praise,etc...bigger venues, more shows, bigger crew, more buses, more money for tickets.

even for solo shows, it just isnt jeff driving his own van with a few acoustics in the back, ha.

45 dollars for a show is expected.

Id love to see Dylan-Young but tickets starting at 65-80, that is tough.