Jeff East Coast solo shows

Are you serious? Jeff has let you down!A compact what world do you live in? Jeff Tweedy has provided us with some of the best music of the last 10 years. Roger Waters charges $200 to $250 to see him fake the wall and you are worried about Jeff letting you down for $45 dollars for a night of great music. A movie is $15 dollars a pop, baseball tickets are $100 and a book is $25 grow up and either pony up the $45 or stop your whining. Jeff has let me down thats rich- rofl

sorry but i don't live in a world where roger waters is a barometer for what's fair, and it all honesty it was probably bowerypresents that named the price and age limit but doesn't someone of jeff's stature have the power to name the conditions of such a short tour?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mkaycomputer.........What you fail to address in your post is that you are paying $45 to see both Jeff Tweedy & The Autumn Defense (who will most likely join Jeff for the encore for more than a handful of tunes). That's not too bad in anyone's book.

Think of it this way: the show is only $30. You are actually paying $15 for the shipping and handling of witty banter.

$45 isn't an unreasonable price to see Jeff solo, especially not in what's usually a very expensive market. I paid around that to see him a few years ago (and came away thinking it wasn't really worth it, mostly because Jeff was in one of those moods that night). I was looking at tickets for another show there a few weeks ago, and with fees they worked out to about $50, so it's not unreasonable for the venue, either. Artists don't set ticket prices. I'm guessing they have very little say at all. Chances are that's something the promoter and the booking agency have to agree on, and as long as it's keeping with the usual cost of tickets in that venue and market, the artist probably won't even get involved. While we spend a lot of time around here talking about Wilco's artistic merits, they've got families to feed, too. If he's not coming away with much of a profit, there's no reason for him to play the show. If anything, I'd say it would be nice to see him add a second show and make it all ages or 18+, but it doesn't look like with the schedule that that would be possible. It's a shame, but despite what some people seem to think, Wilco doesn't owe any of us anything. They've been immensely generous over the years, much more so than other bands, but like any other band they still need to find that balance between low enough prices to please fans and big enough profits to keep the whole machine running.

Regarding Bowery Ballroom: All Tickets Will Be Held At Will Call That Are Purchased Online And Can Only Be Picked Up Night Of Show

???!!!! That's going to be a lot of people waiting in line to get in.

It's mentioned on the Wilco World website ticketing info.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, especially if everyone will be getting GA tickets. It could be a bad scene.

How will it be any different from people getting tickets in advance and then forming a line in front of the venue before the show? Will call windows usually open an hour before doors, so I don't see how it'd be that hectic.

Almost 500 people going to the ticket window (whether or not there are 2 or 3 open) an hour or so before a show begins isn't hectic to you? What if people miss the show or if it gets held up because everyone shows up at the same time? (it might cause some people to get antsy and frustrated, even before they set foot into the place..not a good way to start out the evening.)

And on top of that people have to walk up and show them a Government issued form of ID and then move to the back of the line to get in or walk in if the doors are already opened.

I'm assuming at will call ticket time that the doors will be open. If not then that seems problematic.

Assuming there's 250 pairs of tickets that's about a couple of minutes per guest to check their ID and then for the ticket seller to retrieve their tickets out of a pile of envelopes.

It sounds like a big hassle for people, especially since it sounds like the Bowery Ballroom is too cheap to mail out people their tickets.

Plus, I think anyone likes the notion of walking into any show with their ticket in hand and not wait with 499 other people.

I've been to a few shows with a "tickets claimed at will call night of show" thing. And in those instances, it wasn't a go to will call, show id, get ticket, get back in line, wait, go in venue thing. It was a show ID at the door, and they let you straight in thing. There were no tickets. One of these was at the 9:30 Club in DC, capacity 1200 or so. It was incredibly efficient.

So who wants to break the bad news to mkaycomputer that he may have to pay $50 for a wrist band or an invisible ticket via a movement of a doorman's arm?

:ninja

I like the idea of wristbands because it seems to cut down on scalpers, especially if they are only looking for your name and ID. What I guess confuses me is the wording on their website using the word "tickets" and threatening to revoke anyone's purchase if they somehow purchased more than the 2 "ticket" limit. I guess it's kind of weird if they don't give you something tangible, after going through what sounds like getting an actual "ticket" on the website.

I have some old wristbands hanging around and I have no idea who I saw because it doesn't say anything on it.

In the end, when you actually get there it really doesn't matter at all how you get in.

I love the Bowery Ballroom, I saw a private show with Moby there a few years ago. Unfortunately, hotel rooms in NY on December weekends are outrageous. Just for kicks I looked at all Hiltons (points) and $400+ a night for a nondescript Doubletree? I'm not so sure I can do this and still have Santa visit this year. Sorry kids! Christmas is cancelled because Mom and Dad wanted to see Jeff Tweedy. :blush

Almost 500 people going to the ticket window (whether or not there are 2 or 3 open) an hour or so before a show begins isn't hectic to you? What if people miss the show or if it gets held up because everyone shows up at the same time? (it might cause some people to get antsy and frustrated, even before they set foot into the place..not a good way to start out the evening.)

And on top of that people have to walk up and show them a Government issued form of ID and then move to the back of the line to get in or walk in if the doors are already opened.

I'm assuming at will call ticket time that the doors will be open. If not then that seems problematic.

Assuming there's 250 pairs of tickets that's about a couple of minutes per guest to check their ID and then for the ticket seller to retrieve their tickets out of a pile of envelopes.

It sounds like a big hassle for people, especially since it sounds like the Bowery Ballroom is too cheap to mail out people their tickets.

Plus, I think anyone likes the notion of walking into any show with their ticket in hand and not wait with 499 other people.

I have been to at least 30 shows at the Bowery..The are a very efficient oiled machine. I am not the slightest bit worried about the willcall for this show (Assuming I can score a ticket!) I have seen Depeche Mode here in a similar situation and it worked flawlessly.

Any questions about venue, parking, places to eat etc send them my way!

Hopefully I will see y'all there! :cheers

Was there a way to order tix without the 8.50 mailing surcharge (Tarrytown show)? That's an obscene amount of money to mail 2 pieces of paper. Perhaps there was a will-call option but in my haste to get tix , I didn't see it. The default must be set to the mail option. Anyhow, I am super happy to have scored at least 2 tix (tried for more, no luck) as I live in Tarrytown!! I can walk there!

-Rob

For Tarrytown, grabbed Orch Left, up front. But only 1 seat . . . wouldn't let me pick 2 tix as an option. Maybe I missed a "one-ticket limit" (?).

Sorry if this posted somewhere else -- but I'm assuming the Bowery show is GA. No assigned seating, correct?

For Tarrytown, grabbed Orch Left, up front. But only 1 seat . . . wouldn't let me pick 2 tix as an option. Maybe I missed a "one-ticket limit" (?).

Sorry if this posted somewhere else -- but I'm assuming the Bowery show is GA. No assigned seating, correct?

I only got one ticket for Tarrytown too...

Bowery is GA, Standing room...not really a bad spot in the house...

Was there a way to order tix without the 8.50 mailing surcharge (Tarrytown show)? That's an obscene amount of money to mail 2 pieces of paper. Perhaps there was a will-call option but in my haste to get tix , I didn't see it. The default must be set to the mail option. Anyhow, I am super happy to have scored at least 2 tix (tried for more, no luck) as I live in Tarrytown!! I can walk there!

-Rob

I was looking for Will-Call too... $62.50 for 1 $48 ticket! Lot in service carges but am more than happy to pay that to be in the door! I can't walk there but am only 40 minutes away! Will also be seeing Medeski, Martin and Wood there in 3 weeks from the front row! :rock