Jeff East Coast solo shows

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Wilco followed the same procedures at Irving Plaza in 2004 (slightly larger venue) and getting in was smooth. The only time this procedure didn't work for me was when Wilco played Roseland, but apparently that was a venue-specific problem. (And Wilco have not played there since, thankfully. Bowery & Irving and much better anyway.)

I have been to at least 30 shows at the Bowery..The are a very efficient oiled machine. I am not the slightest bit worried about the willcall for this show (Assuming I can score a ticket!) I have seen Depeche Mode here in a similar situation and it worked flawlessly.

I called the music hall number and they said in 40 mins the pre-sale for MEMBERS ONLY will go on sale. Anyone here a member?

I am now. Row c in the balcony.

Only a handful of Orch tickets left for members. Id guess they are saving some for the public onsale.

Im happy. I live close by and will use the membership.

I did wonder about the ticket prices. I paid $30 to see Wilco in Iowa City last year, and thought that was about right. I also think ticket prices in general are very inflated. So, I'm surprised to see a $45 solo Tweedy ticket. But, it is what it is. If people don't like it, they don't have to go. I would also be surprised to find out that it was Jeff's doing somehow. He's not really a greedy guy.

Either way, I'm still wishing there is more to this than east coast dates!

I did wonder about the ticket prices. I paid $30 to see Wilco in Iowa City last year, and thought that was about right. I also think ticket prices in general are very inflated. So, I'm surprised to see a $45 solo Tweedy ticket. But, it is what it is. If people don't like it, they don't have to go. I would also be surprised to find out that it was Jeff's doing somehow. He's not really a greedy guy.

Either way, I'm still wishing there is more to this than east coast dates!

Bowery and Tarrytown probably have higher than usual booking fees.

I believe Wilco and Tweedy try to keep its prices down as best they can.

I am now. Row c in the balcony.

Only a handful of Orch tickets left for members. Id guess they are saving some for the public onsale.

Im happy. I live close by and will use the membership.

I have family who live in west nyack so I have a place to stay. I really wanna go! I wont be near a comp on Friday either. I'm thinking I will just take a ride up that weekend, go to the venue on Monday and see if I can score a ticket that way.

For anyone else interested in Charlottesville, I just called the Paramount and found that they are are doing a presale to members only beginning at 10:00 on Thursday. Membership at the associate level (the cheapest) is $75.00. So for anyone who actually lives in C'ville, that might be a good option for you if you get shut out of the Front Gate presale. I'm guessing that with the savings on service charges, etc., it might not be that much more expensive to sign up for membership if you were able to pick up 4 tickets at the box office on Thursday morning. Not an option for me, unfortunately, but just FYI for anyone who does live in C'ville.

Hey all- any idea if a password is required for today's presale, or is it just a presale in that those that know, know, and those that don't, don't?

I'm trying to find out as well. I haven't received any e-mails from them about a password so we'll see! What time is the presale, 10?

I'm trying to find out as well. I haven't received any e-mails from them about a password so we'll see! What time is the presale, 10?

yep, 10am per the RSS feed:

2010-12-04 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

Details:2 Ticket Limit for this show. Click buy for details.Tickets: Pre-sale begins Wednesday Oct 27, 2010 at 10:00am via Front Gate Tickets Public on sale begins Friday Oct 29, 2010PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this event can only be picked up at will call on the night of the show. Tickets will not be mailed. All purchasers must present a government-...

from WILCO Tour Updates - 1:23 AM (7 hours ago)

this looks like the direct link:

http://wilco.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?1288183958&a=1&lid=48329&eid=55813