Jeff East Coast solo shows

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most shows there don't sell out ASAP so usually their site is pretty cool in that you can pick the seat you want. I've often got front row side section as most people pack up the center section before the wings. For this show, people might have been better off going with their "quick pick" option. I have a feeling tix will be available for this show as it draws nearer, once people sort out who among their friends also got tix, and some leftovers will materialize. Good luck!

I am frowning so hard it hurts. That Tarrytown ticketing situation was one of the worst experiences of my life. So effing convoluted and misleading and bad. :ohwell

Anyone have two extras?

I got 2 tickets to Tarrytown way back in the balcony but I guess it's better than nothing.

At first try is read sold out but I tried again anyway and got 2.

God, I'm exhausted now...but at least I can get back to work now that I have spent most of the morning stressing over this.

I am frowning so hard it hurts. That Tarrytown ticketing situation was one of the worst experiences of my life. So effing convoluted and misleading and bad. :ohwell

huh, i clicked in, and selected the first option, quick pick, got nothing, then did the same thing for each additional level. and got something on the third try. probably should have started with the bottom option first. i have found with ticket buying not to give up on the first or second try because tickets get held and kicked back into the system from people trying to buy too many, credit cards getting rejected, firewalls blocking sites, etc.

huh, i clicked in, and selected the first option, quick pick, got nothing, then did the same thing for each additional level. and got something on the third try. probably should have started with the bottom option first. i have found with ticket buying not to give up on the first or second try because tickets get held and kicked back into the system from people trying to buy too many, credit cards getting rejected, firewalls blocking sites, etc.

I always keep trying for the first 10 minutes just in case....

Most shows there don't sell out ASAP so usually their site is pretty cool in that you can pick the seat you want. I've often got front row side section as most people pack up the center section before the wings. For this show, people might have been better off going with their "quick pick" option. I have a feeling tix will be available for this show as it draws nearer, once people sort out who among their friends also got tix, and some leftovers will materialize. Good luck!

Yeah, I can see it being user friendly under normal, non-Wilco related situations, but it did not work for this. I did go with quick-pick at first, but there weren't two together. So I tried to choose seats close by and while they appeared to be available, nothing would happen. Grrr... Silly thing to get worked up about, but it was frustrating and ultimately sad. My face literally hurts from frowning. Time to move on... LUNCHTIME!

And yes, I'm usually the one who overbuys and has extras to unload, so hopefully my good karma will come around.

Hey Shakespeare, looks like we'll be on the same Row. :) That was my first pull at 10:00 on the nose. Kept trying to see if I got better tickets, but no dice. My shipping (USPS) was only $2.50 for one ticket, though. :dontgetit

Christmas is coming early this year! Hears hoping JT makes a swing through Durham or Raleigh. It could happen!

I figured I could probably get closer seats/cheaper shipping with the regular on-sale. But when I had them pop up in the pre-sale, I wasn't about to throw them back and risk getting nothing.

I saw Jim James in July at the Jefferson Theater, which is basically across the street from the Paramount. It's a lovely area.

How about Lincoln Theater in Washington DC Tues Dec 7? So says High Road Touring.

http://highroadtouring.com/

Excellent! So does that pretty much mean there won't be a second Bowery show added for Sunday, as some people speculated (and I assumed would happen)? (Can't see him doing five days in a row.)

I figured I could probably get closer seats/cheaper shipping with the regular on-sale. But when I had them pop up in the pre-sale, I wasn't about to throw them back and risk getting nothing.

I hear you. I would have done the same thing. "A bird in the hand...." as they say. I'm thankful tix for C-Ville wasn't such a cluster-f*ck like it seems Tarrytown was for many folks.

After failing on pre-sale day for Tarrytown, I guess I lucked out today at noon. Got two for row J in the balcony but not without my computer slowing down at noon as I tried refreshing the site and the venue site refusing to confirm my order three times despite filling out all the pertinent fields on the purchase order. This was the hardest show to get tickets for in the twelve times I've seen these guys. They are either becoming too popular or the scalpers are using multiple, quicker computers to beat us all to the punch. Then again, there are only 900 seats.

That is so annoying.

I KNOW! Someone with some tech skill explain the concept to me -- and why such odd words and the "Ls" look like "Is" and you can't tell if its a "n" or "B'. F-ed up.

Stub Hud have Bowery tickets for 2 GRAND -- which is criminal. That's $2,000 a piece. For $2,000 I get to pick the set list and Jeff picks me up and drives me to the show -- and throws in a pizza. $2,000 -- insane. :realmad